Chapter Thirteen

Fifty-nine, fifty-eight, fifty seven, fifty-six, fifty-five...

I watch the clock, mentally counting down the time left before the day was over. Whatever the teacher was saying wasn't so much as registering in my brain.

...Forty-six, forty-five, forty-four, forty-three, forty-two...

'Stop staring at the clock, Monkey Boy. It's not gonna make it go any faster,' Moon sent me, her tone teasing. I smirk, looking away from the clock and over at her.

'Well it's better than listening to Ol' Smithy up there drone on about having a safe summer.'

'You don't even know if that's what he's talking about,' she replied, laughing silently.

'Is it?'

'Maybe...'

I wink at her. 'There ya go, Pigeon. It's all he's talked about for the past week.'

Rolling her eyes, Moon chuckles quietly. My smirk changes into a smile as I look back at the clock.

'Twenty, nineteen, eighteen, seventeen, sixteen, fifteen, fourteen, thirteen...' I start counting again mentally, this time sending it to Moon.

'Twelve, eleven,' she sends back.

'Ten.'

'Nine.'

'Eight.'

'Seven,' we send each other telepathically. By five, the whole class is counting out loud.

"Four."

"Three."

"Two."

"ONE!" Everyone cried as the bell ran. Cheers erupt around the room and kids start pouring out. I stand up and walked over to Moon.

"So, what do you think of this small town? You've lived here for almost four years and now you've attended our school. I think this is a good time to ask," I say, wrapping an arm around her waist when she stood up.

Moon chuckles. "Well, the school system is semi-good. Most of the kids are either redneck wanna-be's or lame gangsters. Some are okay though. As for the town, it's small and there's virtually nothing to do. Other than all that, life is pretty good here in good old Waynesboro PA."

I burst out laughing as I led us out of the windowless math room. We make a few turns before we come to one of the many sets of stairs in this school. Joining the crowd of teenagers, we slowly make our way down the steps and to the front doors. When we exit the building, my eyes automatically zero in on Bulla's bright blue head.

"Hey you two!" She greets as Moon and I walk up. She was sitting on the wall that went around the school, swinging her feet. Goten was standing a few feet away, talking to Nate.

"Hey Smurfette," Moon replies. I chuckle at the nickname. Smiling, Moon turns to her brother. "Is Gaea out yet?" Goten shook his head. 

"No. She won't be out for another hour or so."

"Sucks for her and Uub," Nate said.

"Yeah," Bulla said. "But they have each other."

"Who has each other?" Gohan asked from behind us.

"Your daughter and Uub," I answer, turning around. "They seem to like each other."

"Yeah, a lot," Goten added, smiling.

"No more than you and Bulla like each other," Gohan told his younger brother.

 Goten glared at the older Saiyan while Moon laughs.