Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Pan! Put the mop down!" Goten yelled at our niece. Gaea smiled.

"Why? Are you scared?" she asked, waving it in his face. My brother hit it away.

"No, I just don't want dirty mop water all over my food!" he said, looking down at his plate.

Only three hours into the trip and already Goten and Gaea were fighting. I sighed. This was going to be a long trip if they kept this up.

"Aunt Moona, it's your turn!" Gaea said, holding the mop out to me. I shook my head.

"I made dinner," I said, half looking around at the food sitting on the table.

"Fine," she said, looking at Trunks. "You can mop!"

Trunks gave her a look before saying, "Well there's no point. You already got everywhere."

Gaea looked around at the soaking wet kitchen. "You're right!" she said. "Well, you'll just have to do the laundry!"

"Trunks do laundry?" Goten asked, snickering. "Yeah, there's a good idea."

I chuckled while Trunks glared at Goten.

"I know how to do laundry, Goten."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Great! Than you can be in charge of it!" Gaea stated.

"What?! No!"

"And you can be head dishwasher, Grandpa!" Gaea continued, ignoring him.

"Mmmm, I don't know if that's such a good idea, Panny," Dad said. "I usually break the dishes when I try to do them."

"Okay, fine. You'll just be a dishwasher."

Just as Dad was about to add more, there was a huge shudder. The five of us were thrown around, landing on each other and the floor.

"Ugh, Goten, get your butt out of my face," I said, pushing him off me. I looked at the others. "What just happened?"

"It felt like something hit us!" Gaea exclaimed.

We shared a look before we all crowded to the nearest window. Outside, we watched as a part of the ship floated off.

"Hey! That came off the ship!" Goten stated.

Trunks sucked in a breath and backed away, all but hyperventilating. His eyes were huge and he was staring out the window.

"Trunks?" I asked. "What's wrong?"

Before he could answer, the ship lurched again, spilling us all over the floor.

"What's happening?!" Gaea yelled, trying to sit up. But it was like we were hitting really bad turbulence on an airplane.

Trunks didn't answer. Instead, he flew into the cockpit. He started messing with controls and hitting buttons, trying to fix the problem.

"Everyone, get into a seat and buckle up!" he called back. Dad and I rushed towards him.

"Trunks, what's going on?" Dad asked, grabbing a seat so he didn't fall down.

"One of the Stabilizing Jets just fell off," Trunks explained, holding onto the steering wheel with a white knuckled grip. "If we don't land soon, things are going to get really bad!"

That was enough motivation for all of us. Dad hurried back to make sure Gaea and Goten were alright. I stayed up with Trunks. Sitting in the seat next to him, I buckled my seat belt.