Chapter Nine

"Why do girls take so long to change?" Goten asked Nate and I.

"I have no clue," I tell him. "But my sister takes forever to get ready."

"I'm actually pretty lucky I guess. Rosey doesn't take too long to get ready, but Pan does."

Nate just flashed us a huge grin. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Quit rubbing it in that you don't have any sisters to worry about."

"Hey! Guys!" A voice calls from behind us. Turning around, Nate and I smile and wave to the kid running our way.

"Hey Uub! What's up?" Nate calls. Uub is Roy's only child. He looks like his father except his eyes. He has his mothers dark, ebony eyes.

"Is it true? About the High School? I've only gotten bits and pieces from the kids here."

"Well," I tell him, "It depends on what you've heard."

"Something about two teachers and their classroom."

"Close. The principal and athletic director got beaten up and then the same person wreaked the shit out of an English classroom," I explain.

"Dang," he says. "Do you have any idea who did it and why?"

I can feel Goten's eyes burning into the back of my head. He was afraid I was gonna rat his sister out.

"No, I don't," I lie.

Uub nods and turns to Goten and introduces himself. "I'm Uub by the way. Roy's son."

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Goten."

"So how long have you lived here?"

"About three years."

Uub looks shocked. "Three years? How come I've never seen you before then?"

"Uub here is the eyes of this little town. He know's almost everything that's going on. He always know's when someone new is here," Nate explains, seeing Goten's confused face.

"Oh, okay," Goten says. Then he shrugs. "I don't know. I guess it's just because we don't really get out much."

Nodding, Uub asks, "So where did the rest of your group go? Dad said there were six of you."

"The other three are still in the locker room," Nate informs.

"Oh, are they girls? Cause they take forever to change. I know my mom does at least."

I laugh. "That's exactly what we were talking about before you came over."

Uub laughed as well. After a few more minutes, we decided to find somewhere to sit. We quickly found a nice spot in the sun. It might have been August, but it was only nine a.m. Finally, after about five more minutes, I spot Bulla's bright blue head emerge from the locker room.

"Well, it's about time," Goten states, standing up and flagging them down. Pan spots her uncle and leads them over to us.

"Uub! It's good to see you!" Bulla exclaims, running up to the eight-year-old and giving him a bone-crushing hug.

"It's good to see you too, Bulla. But I like to breath you know," Uub tells her.

"Oh, sorry,'' she laughs, letting him go. She turns to Pan and Moon. "This is Roy's son, Uub. Uub, this is Rosamoona and her niece, Pan. I'm guessing you've already met Goten."

He nods. "Yeah, I have."

They start to talk about something else, but by this point, I'm no longer paying any attention. I couldn't take my eyes off Moon. She was wearing one of Bulla's old bikini's and she looked great.

Fidgeting under my gaze, I could see the bright red blush creep onto her face. For a second, I thought she had noticed me. But then I realized that it was because almost everyone else had stopped and was staring at her. I heard someone let out a cat whistle. At that point, Moon grabbed her towel and covered up in it. Walking over the rest of the way, she sat down on the grass beside me.