Chapter Twenty-Six

My eyes fluttered open. Soft snoring reached my ears, signalling that Trunks was asleep. Sighing quietly, I looked around.

It was completely dark out, probably about two or three in the morning. Dad and the others would be getting up in a few hours. I had until then to prepare.

Slipping off the porch couch I had fallen asleep on, I tiptoed into the dark room. Small candles barely lit up the area where they sat, but it was enough for my Saiyan sight. Walking out of the room, I made my way silently down the hall.

The hallway was long and wide. Candles were evenly spaced apart. I frowned. What did Unmei and Baby have against electricity? Baby was made of metal for God's sake! The floor was bare and cool. It felt good compared to the humidity from the summer air. My bare feet hardly made any noise, and what they did was muffled by the loud snoring emanating from my parents room. I smirked as I passed them by.

Further down the hall, I was suddenly grabbed by the arm and pulled to the side. I didn't risk powering up, but grabbed my assailants arm, ripping mine free. I pinned theirs behind them and pushed them against the wall. Just as I was about to question them, they spoke.

"Rosey! Stop! It's me, Bulla!" she hissed. I immediately dropped her arm and stepped back.

"Sorry, Smurfette," I told her, rubbing the back of my head.

"You could've broken my arm!" Bulla protested. I heard a snicker come from behind her. I didn't react though, for I recognized it.

"Calm down, Ella. My poor Moon is still paranoid," Mar said. She walked closer and I could see her pouting.

"One, that's no excuse," Bulla began, "and two, don't call me that." She blushed when she said the last part.

"That's cause only my brother can," I stated, smiling. Her blush deepened.

"Awe!" Mar exclaimed, "Goten and Bulla, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes-"

"Shhhhh! Someone will hear you!" Bulla whispered loudly, clamping a hand over Mar's mouth. I laughed quietly. Bulla glared at me and Mar removed Bulla's hand from her mouth.

"Come on. I believe we actually have a job to do," Bulla grumbled, stalking off towards her room. I exchanged a look with Mar. She smiled and nodded. Quickly catching up with Bulla, I linked arms with her. Mar came up and linked her arm with my other.

"You know, when we get back to Earth, I think we should go on a shopping spree," Mar stated. I groaned slightly.

"Really? Do we have to?" I whined. Bulla nodded.

"Yeah! That's an awesome idea! Ooooh! I can't wait to pick you out a dress, Rosey!"

Mar snorted. "Good luck with that. She's..." Mar trailed off, tilting her head. Then she smiled. "Actually, never mind! I'll help you!"

"Wait, what?" Bulla asked. I sighed.

"Marron and I have an agreement," I said reluctantly. "Once a year I have to wear a dress that she chooses. But only once. Unless there's a special occasion of course."

Bulla laughed. "And you agreed to that?!"

"I was young!" I defended.

"But it worked," Mar said smugly. Bulla unlinked her arm from mine and held it up.

"Props to you, Marron honey!"

Mar smiled hugely and slapped Bulla's hand. The two laughed and linked arms with me again. Suddenly, I heard a door open behind us.

"Who's out there?" the voice said, sleep dripping with each syllable. The three of us froze.

"Hello?" Nate called out again. I heard shuffling before he asked, "Mar? Bulla? Ginger?"