Chapter Twenty-Two

"Where's Baby?" I asked Goten. How long had it been? Five minutes? Ten maybe? Where was he?

"When we left, he was talking with Bulma. I don't know what about," Videl replied. I looked over at her. The dagger was nowhere in sight, and she seemed pretty shaken up about just trying to kill her daughter. I nodded.

"Let's go find him. It's about time he died," I stated. The five Saiyans nodded and we all took off towards the castle. Just as we were about half way there, the top portion exploded.

Stopping dead in our tracks, the six of us watched, horrified, as Baby emerged as a Golden Great Ape.

"How...?" Gohan asked. We all shook our heads. 

"Behold!" Baby called. He laughed as he continued. "The greatest power the Saiyan race has ever known is now mine!"

We stared at him. Baby was still laughing, occasionally beating his chest. Trunks' chest.

Thinking of Trunks helped to unthaw me. Sneering, I started forward when a voice stopped me.

"And just where do you think your going?" it asked. Turning around, I was brought face to face with Emily.

"To kill your king," Gaea replied. 

Emily laughs. "And just how do you think that'll happen? You can't kill him without killing your friend!"

I growl. Though I had already thought of this, I didn't like to be reminded. 

Emily continues to laugh, her's melding with those of Baby's. My growl deepens. Without warning, I lunge at the Truffle.

Drawing my fist back, I punch her square in the chest. She flies backwards, crashing through numerous buildings. Floating in place, I shake with anger.

"Mooney, you deal with her. We've got Baby," Dad says. Without turning around, I nod. I feel their energies fly off was Emily bursts out of the building she stopped in.

When she reaches me, Emily stops. Blood runs from multiple cuts and her clothes are ragged.

"You'll pay for that," she growls, "along with the death of my sister."

"And you'll pay for every person you betrayed, times ten for each of them I know," I promised. Emily narrows her eyes before attacking.

Blocking her kick, I grab her oncoming fist. Surprised shows in her eyes as I head-butt her. I don't wait for her to recover as I launch an assault of punches on her. Hit after hit she takes, each time a little of her strength leaves. Suddenly, she phases out, reappearing behind me. But she doesn't attack.

I turn around slowly. Emily is breathing heavily, wiping blood away from her mouth. Her one arm hangs limp and she winces when it moves. I smirk. I broke her arm.

Past her, I can see my family fighting Baby. From here, I can't make out individual people, but I can tell Baby has them on the ropes. I can only imagine the pressure all this has on Trunks' soul...

Balling my hands into fists, I refocus on Emily. 

"You're dead," I growl. Scowling, Emily launches at me. I side-step, easily dodging her attack.

As the Truffle turns around to come at me again, I lift my right arm, curling my fingers.

"Say hi to your sister for me," I state. Emily's eyes widen.

"STELLAR-WISE-HA!" I bellow. 

The blast leaves my hand, shooting towards the Truffle. She tries to move, but can't. 

"NOOOOOO!" she screeches as it engulfs her. There's an explosion and a flash of light. When everything settles, I smirk. Nothing remains of Emily. Nothing but an unpleasant memory.

Turning back towards the battle behind me, I have enough time to prepare myself as a male body smashes into me.

Stopping us, I'm completely surprised to see Vegeta. 

"Vegeta?" I asked, looking at him carefully. I was relieved to find that it was actually him. Not a Truffle.

Grunting, the Saiyan Prince pulls away. When he see's me, Vegeta scowls.

"So you too, huh?"

I nod. "How did you get free?" I ask.

"That one buffoon with purple skin gave me something to drink. I think it was water," he replied.

So that's what Kabito was doing. He was giving all the infected people some of the Sacred Water to expel the Truffle in them.

"If you're going to help, I suggest doing it now. He's beating us all around like we're nothing. Save your father, of course. But he's too busy trying to save everyone else to mind himself," Vegeta informs. I can hear resentment in his voice. 

"Don't blame yourself for what happened to your family," I tell him quietly. Vegeta scowls deeper.

"Who says I do?" he demanded. I shrug.

"Come on. Let's go before my dad kills himself," I say. Nodding, Vegeta and I take off to help the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for dragging it out! I just keep getting to good stopping places! XDXD

Rosamoona finally fights Baby next chapter!