The Twins Who Lived

Verny gets spooked by babies

Alice started reading and already had to stifle a laugh.

The students that heard from the twins about their uncle didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Those who didn't know almost anything about the twins including adults just started laughing.

Mrs. and Mr. Nott along with Mrs. Zabini being the only adult besides Moony and Snuffles keep their distaste on.

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious because they just didn't hold with such nonsense.

"Nonsense? And since when being basic is a quality?" Asked Fred loudly not liking the way the book started.

"Since the Dursley family has been created." Answered Violet and Harry nodded from next to her.

"For them being the typical family is a way of proving the Wizarding World is nonexistent," Harry explained, the purebloods being disgusted already by the Muggles.

Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large moustache. Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbours. The Dursleys had a small son called Dudley and in their opinion, there was no finer boy anywhere.

"By the way, this was described I can only imagine that the child is a brat." Said McGonagall shocking everyone with her choice of words. She tried to always refrain from commenting about students.

"Ding, ding, ding. Ten points to Gryffindor." Joked Violet and all the students laughed at the silliness of the words.

Certain adults were shaking their heads fondly while others were hiding their disgust at such childish behaviour.

"What makes him think that a moustache is okay to have when you look like that? It sounds like the description of a pervert." Complained Mrs. Zabini. Her husbands were always young, and rich and Greek gods look alike so she couldn't understand which woman would settle for that.

"If you get your answer about that then I need to know if Petunia never heard of the saying that the grass will always be greener on the neighbour's side." Sassed Remus and Snuffles barked in agreement moving from staying at Violet's feet to sitting on Remus' lap.

The Dursleys had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it. They didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Potters. Mrs. Potter was Mrs. Dursley's sister, but they hadn't met for several years; in fact, Mrs. Dursley pretended she didn't have a sister, because her sister and her good-for-nothing husband were as unDursleyish as it was possible to be. The Dursleys shuddered to think what the neighbours would say if the Potters arrived in the street. The Dursleys knew that the Potters had a small son, too, but they had never even seen him. This boy was another good reason for keeping the Potters away; they didn't want Dudley mixing with a child like that. They also had a daughter that Petunia got a picture of with a letter from her sister.