The Vanishing Glass

⚠️ T

⚠️ T.W. ⚠️ : mention of child abuse and malnutrition

Piggy finally takes a bath

Nearly ten years had passed since the Dursleys had woken up to find their nephew and niece on the front step, but Privet Drive had hardly changed at all.

"Sounds compromising." Commented Pansy with a huff.

"Please tell us that at least now, he is a decent human being." Pleaded Alice even though she already knew the answer.

"Do you want me to lie, mum? Then he is the sweetest and most considerate person in the whole world." Said Neville making everyone laugh uncomfortably.

The sun rose on the same tidy front gardens and lit up the brass number four on the Dursleys' front door; it crept into their living room, which was almost exactly the same as it had been on the night when Mr Dursley had seen that fateful news report about the owls. Only the photographs on the mantelpiece really showed how much time had passed. Ten years ago, there had been lots of pictures of what looked like a large pink beach ball wearing different-coloured bobble hats – but Dudley Dursley was no longer a baby, and now the photographs showed a large, blond boy riding his first bicycle, on a roundabout at the fair, playing a computer game with his father, being hugged and kissed by his mother.

"Large pink beach ball?" Asked Draco laughing.

"Didn't think to describe him as such but it isn't too far from the truth." Replied Violet chuckling.

"Amen." Added Theo to make the others laugh even louder.

After Blaise glared at everyone, they calmed down and he continued reading.

The room held no sign at all that two other kids lived in the house, too. Yet Harry and Violet Potter were still there, asleep at the moment, but not for long.

"Did they show you any sign of care or love over the years?" Asked Hermione worriedly about her friends' emotional health.

"If you count being addressed to like you are a servant as love." Said Harry before his sister could.

The students and adults were horrified. They all believed the twins were spoiled rotten by their family.

Aunt Petunia was awake and it was her shrill voice that made the first noise of the day.

'Up! Get up! Now!'

"This is not going to go well." Sighed Blaise not even trying to look at the next words.

"And why is that?" Asked Lee Jordan from next to the Weasley twins.

"Nobody can wake Violet up." Explained Pansy with a half scared half impressed look.