BRODY - Chapter 1

~ Brody – Chapter One ~

           “Just get the hell off my back, will ya?” I growled, looking back at Saxon and wanting nothing more than to punch him in the face. He thinks he is so high and mighty because he is with my sister and that he ‘changed’ for her and all that other crap that everyone has brought, but me.

I know he has not changed, not much in the way they think he has. He is still cold, harsh, cruel and calculating; he just hides it well. Deep down he is still the same person.

“I’m just trying to make you see reason, idiot,” he muttered back, acting as if our argument wasn’t effecting him like it usually would.

Scoffing loudly, “Straight from the preachers mouth, hey?”

“Get a life Brody,” he growled, already narking up a bit at me and I smirked a little.

Pushing open the front door and storming in, “I have one and it would be a lot better if you didn’t exist in it,” and with that said, I walked up the stairs.

Saxon growled from below, but I ignored him. I needed space, I needed to get away and lock myself in my room and hide from them all. I know they are all thinking the same as Saxon, they just don’t say it because they care about my feelings...unlike he does.

It’s easy for him, he is an utter jackass and treated everyone like crap, but he still gets the girl. I know I’m not an easy person to get along with, I have my bad moments, but I also have my good and then I get this...a rogue mate who was dead set on killing my family.

People can’t change that quickly, I don’t know if I trust her. I want to, I really do. Every fibre in my body is screaming at me to forget the past and trust her, but I can’t. Say if I ignore all that and let her in, say if she kills my family while they sleep because she is no longer classed as a threat, but as my mate. How do they think I will feel after that? A truckload worse than I do now, how could they expect me to live with that kind of guilt? I couldn’t.

“Hi Brody.”

I looked up at Eva and paused in my steps. Glancing at her face and then looking all around, I knew something was up. She had guilt written all over her and that so called innocent smile she had on her face meant she had done something I wasn’t going to like.

“What have you done?” I asked, not even bothering to beat around the bush. She knows she’s a horrible liar, one of the worse out there.

Eva glanced back into Travis and Emily’s room, before shrugging and looking back at me, “Nothing,” she muttered.

Travis joined her at the door, at least he appeared casual and not like he was hiding something. I stared from one to the other, my eyes narrowing with suspicion.

“How’d patrol go? I thought you guys had a bit longer?” Travis questioned and I glanced back towards the stairs, just as Saxon came into view and growled lowly.

“I refuse to work with him again, find someone to replace me for the rest of it, or replace him,” I snapped.

Saxon’s eyes narrowed as he glared up at me, his anger radiating off him in waves, “Suck it up princess. If you can’t handle the truth, then bugger off.”

“Saxon!” Eva yelled, eyes wide and mouth open as she stared at him in shock, “I so can’t believe you just said that,” she dramatically cried.

My suspicion grew even more now.

“You’re in big trouble mister, come with me right now,” she half snapped, hands on her hips while she glared him down; avoiding eye contact with me again.

Mini SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara