VANCE - Chapter 3

~ Vance - Chapter Three ~

   "Cease fire!" Stevie shouted out, causing the girl standing in front of me to jump a little as she swung around to look over at him, already on the defensive, which caused me to raise an eyebrow.

"Who the heck says cease fire during a punch up?" Chris grunted as he stood up, giving the bigger guy one last kick before he took a few steps back. 

Stevie shrugged with a small grin on his face, "In the games they do."

I mentally rolled my eyes at his immature answer as Grant shook his head and stared at his slightly older brother with disbelief, "I have no idea how we are even related."

"Easy," Stevie grinned widely now, "We all came out the same woman and were created by the same man."

"Oh, that's sick," Harper scrunched his face up, giving Stevie a repulsive look as they all stood around the three rogues, arguing over how disgusting Stevie could be.

"Who's she?" Saxon's voice rose above them all and I looked up just in time to see him taking a step towards my female. With one swift move to the side, I reached behind my body and grasped her arm gently as I became a human shield between Saxon and her.

My eyes met with his surprised ones as a low warning growl rumbled through my chest. Saxon gasped a second before a massive grin spread across his face and understanding was in his eyes, “Go Vancey boy,” his tone was teasing and another low growl rumbled through my chest.

“We done here?” I tilted my head towards the rogues who were slowly rising to their feet, battered and bruised, and clearly have given up since they were highly outnumbered.

Saxon smirked and nodded slightly, “Yeah, you can run on home with your little ‘friend’ here,” and he winked, even making the air quotation marks with his fingers for the word friend.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I decided it wasn’t worth getting into an argument with him over it. Before he met Eva, arguing with Saxon was hellish; he was brutal and went to extreme measures to make sure he always won. Now, it is your worst nightmare since he has picked up on Eva’s bad traits.

Grant grinned at me and winked, offering a high five as I looked at him, but I just turned around and glanced down at my mate, holding my hand out for her to take. Timidly she glanced up at me, looking me dead in the eyes through her long lashes and I almost groaned with annoyance – she already had me as a trapped man.

Her tiny hand slid into mine, and I wrapped my fingers around hers and turned back towards the way I had come, ignoring the Thorns as we walked away.

‘Congrats Alpha,’ Frank beamed in my mind, and I noticed him standing by the entrance gate looking my way with a small grin plastered on his face.

‘Wipe that smile off you face and do your job I gave you,’ I snapped, not liking the feeling of being the cause of that annoying grin.

He chuckled loudly in my head, ‘Wipe that grin off your face first then.’ Shock covered my features as I realised why my cheeks were aching, I was grinning like a mad man and made quick to fix it, placing my usual void expression back on my face as I glared at him.

Frank smirked even more, ‘Jobs done, they were the only ones. She must have already been in the park and hiding when she tried to jump you.’ He was more than amused right now. It’s not very often a female will try and take me on due to my large frame, but even more rare once they had looked at my face and seen how expressionless or serious I am.

‘Round everyone up, the Thorns are going to finish handling this. I’m going home,’ I ordered, but not in an aggressive way. I don’t like snapping at everyone, but sometimes it’s needed just to remind them I actually am the one in charge.