VANCE - Chapter 5

~ Vance - Chapter Five ~

     I didn’t know what was happening to me, but my hands were all clammy and I swear my heart was beating faster than normal. Teagan was sitting on the couch alongside me, her eyes glued to the TV screen across the room from us and I noticed her body was a little stiff.

Sighing softly, I tried to push away these unwanted feelings and reactions, but ever since I let bloody Eva’s words sink into my mind, I have been feeling like this. Does Teagan really doubt that I care for her? Isn’t it obvious that I do? I may not be head over heels in love with her, but there are strong feelings and emotions coursing through my veins ever since I laid eyes on her.

“Uh...,” my deep voice trailed off as I frowned to myself. What the hell do I say?

Teagan had turned to look up at me, her eyes shining brightly from the glare of the screen, but she looked like she was expecting something. I just wasn’t sure what. I sighed and looked away again and a moment later, she did too.

Using one finger to pull at the collar of my t-shirt, I felt like the damn thing was starting to choke me. Glancing at Teagan from the corner of my eye, I knew I had to do something to make her realise I care for her, but what? Yawning loudly as I stretched my arms above my head and I casually dropping one softly onto Teagan’s shoulder, I wrapped my hand around her and pulled her in a little closer – smooth; I mentally cursed myself.

She jumped from my touch and looked at me with slightly wide eyes; I smiled shakily back at her and turned to face the screen – not knowing what else to do now. Not even a moment later I felt her body relax and she leant in a little more towards me; the smile on my face grew into a grin as I enjoyed the feeling of her warm body within my arm.

“I like you,” I blurted and quickly clenched my mouth shut, why the hell did I just say that? She’s going to think I am a complete nut case now. Way to go Vance, you just screwed yourself over big time.

Teagan laughed quietly as she peered up at me, a soft smile on her gorgeous lips and a light blush on her cheeks, “I like you too.”

I smiled tightly, not sure if she was just saying it back for the sake of it, or because she actually meant it?

“Uh...I really like you,” I mumbled, needing her to have no doubts about my feelings for her, but just spitting them out was harder than I had thought. Groaning as I ran my free hand down my face roughly, “I’m no good at this lovey dovey crap,” I grumbled aloud and looked down at her amused expression.

“I kind of noticed,” she laughed quietly, a wide smile on her face as she eyes shone.

Shifting nervously in my seat as my heart thumped furiously in my chest, which I’m sure the entire damn house would have heard, I cleared my throat again, “Uh, I just....um, wanted you to know that I do like you. Even if I don’t show it all the time, sorry,” I mumbled quickly, my words mixing in with one another.

Teagan raised an eyebrow, “What was that?”

I growled lowly back at her with narrowed eyes. “I know you heard me,” I grunted, stubbornly refusing to say it again while feeling my face heat up with embarrassment from saying such words aloud, but I knew deep down I didn’t mind. I would say anything to Teagan, no matter how much it makes me look like a soft pansy because if anyone dares tries to give me a hard time about it – they will regret it instantly.

Teagan nestled back into my arms, her body more relaxed then before my uncomfortable confession and her fingers played with the bottom of her shirt as she stared down at her lap. “So, um, are all the girls here mated?” she asked quietly.