• 16 •

Alfie did actually manage to stay dry for the rest of the day, to his surprise. As he walked out of his final class of the day he couldn't help but smile happily to himself at the achievement.

His final class was history, which Logan didn't take, so as he walked through the halls by himself he searched helplessly for him. Instead, his eyes fell on Mr Bentley, who was eagerly walking towards him.

"Can you come to my office, buddy?" Mr Bentley asked when he'd gotten close enough to Alfie.

Alfie nodded and followed Mr Bentley to his office.

Alfie sat down, knowing already where the conversation was going to be going, but still hoping he was wrong regardless.

"How has your afternoon been?" Mr Bentley asked.

"Okay, thanks" Alfie answered honestly.

"I saw you go to the bathroom with Logan at lunchtime which is really great. Did you manage to have a wee?" Mr Bentley pried.

Alfie nodded, not liking to admit out loud what he had done.

"That's good to hear. Have you been to the bathroom since?" Mr Bentley continued to question.

"Not yet" Alfie replied as if he had plans to go to the toilet before leaving school, which he didn't.

"That's okay, I can take you to the staff bathroom before you go home" Mr Bentley said.

"No, thank you" Alfie politely declined.

"I think it's a good idea, because I know it takes a little while to get back to your house and if you aren't gone all afternoon you're bound to need to" Mr Bentley explained his reasoning.

Alfie felt safe going to the toilet with Logan, but with Mr Bentley it was a lot different. He liked how Logan came inside with him and helped him pull down his pants, then he would say encouraging things to him until he had a wee. Mr Bentley just left him to it.

"I'll just go when I get home" Alfie suggested

"Buddy, if you haven't gone all afternoon I'm not sure you'll be able to wait until you get home" Mr Bentley said.

Alfie knew what the guidance councillor was saying was right, but that still didn't stop him arguing about it.

"I can wait" Alfie said unconvinced by his own words.

Without saying anything else Mr Bentley picked up his office phone and began making a call.

"Hi Freddie. I was wondering if Logan was at practice yet?" Mr Bentley spoke on the phone to who was obviously Mr Dylan.

"Okay ... yes ... okay ... brilliant. Would you be able to send him to my office quickly then I'll send him straight back?" Mr Bentley asked Mr Dylan.

"No, he won't be long. I just need to have a quick chat with him" Mr Bentley lied slightly.