• Five

Faye startled out of her seat upon Kimberly's outburst. "What's the matter?" She asked warily looking at Kim's astonished face.

"Is he still here?" Kim asked ignoring Faye's previous question.

"Who is?" Faye enquired now confused.

"Father," Kim replied anxiously looking at her.

"Lord Heather left the manor an hour ago." Faye stated as she wondered what was happening with Kimberly.

"W-what about the other man?" Kim asked as she wringed her fingers together trying to appear discreet.

"He's with your brother," Kimberly's eyes widened the more as she rushed out to the living room where she knew Gerald would be.

She sloppily came down the stairs almost losing her footing twice because of all the rush. Two men were indeed seated there.

One whom she recognized as her brother, and another that she hadn't met before. The man was stern, just as Faye had stated though as he talked to Gerald, he appeared friendly.

Her eyebrows knitted in confusion as she stared at the new man. Looks like she got riled up for nothing. This was not who she had expected to see. Kim smiled sheepishly at the duo as her brother rose up from his seat to greet her.

"How have you been dear sister?" Gerald asked as he gently ruffled her hair. He had developed this habit since he was young.

"Very well, brother." Kim replied merrily as she hugged him. She had missed spending time with him.

"Right, I came with a friend. This is Sir Collins, a scholar." Gerald introduced his colleague who had been strangely standing there.

Kim put on her best smiles as she gently shook his hand, "I'm Kimberly Heather," Sir Collins returned the greeting cheerfully.

"I'll leave you now," Kimberly excused herself heading back to her room. Faye opened the door once she heard Kim's footsteps approaching and pulled her into the room.

"What was that about?" Faye asked wondering why Kim had gotten so concerned about the new man in their home.

Kim's face was however back to normal, her perplexed face already gone. Faye knew there was something she was missing and she had to find about it.

"Nothing important." Kim brushed off her question laying on her couch once more.

"Something happened last Friday, come on tell me already. I'm dying of curiosity!" Faye probed further.

"And you better not say nothing happened because you returned home extremely late with a totally scrunched dress and you didn't even have the herbs with you."

Kim had not thought Faye would catch on this fast. She had avoided talking about that day when she came back.

Her mother, Lady Flora, had been out to visit the queen and Madame Paula had gone into town that evening to book an appointment with the seamstress.

She had luckily gotten in with no questioning but Faye was very observant. She already caught on her.

Kim tilted her head from the couch she was laying on and glanced at Faye, "I ran into knights at the mountains."

"Whaat?" Faye almost shouted. "They took you to the palace right?" She queried knowing what was to come.

"Yes , I also encountered father there." Kim added as she stared at the ceiling.

"Oh no! Was he told that you were collecting herbs?" Faye sat straighter trying to get ahold of what had happened.

"No, I convinced him that I was there to visit the coliseum." Kim replied as she looked back at Faye.