• Sixteen

A week had gone by quicker than usual with nothing of noticeable gain happening.

It had almost flown by with Kimberly at home tending to her horse Zaine who had recovered tremendously from the medicine she had bought.

She was grateful to Sir-

Kimberly halted her thoughts before they ventured further. Everytime his name popped up in her head, she found her thoughts spiralling all over.

Her indecent behavior last time when she fell asleep on him was something she was really mortified of. She wanted to vanish everytime she remembered her audacious act.

Her mother kept sending her sly grins everytime she seemed to get lost in her thoughts and Faye would occasionally wink once she saw her distracted.

Other than that, the week had no interesting concern now that Gerald was back to the palace, it was placid.

Zaine was as well as before and Kim planned on riding him to the mountains later that afternoon along with Faye. They were also going back to the place where Kim lost her basket in hopes of finding it.

Her mother had not asked for it again but they knew that it would be soon when she remembered. They needed to have it by then.

It was actually weird that she'd singled out the same basket that she carried that day. It was suspicious and Kimberly hoped it was just a coincidence.

Kim's mind wondered back to the conversation she had with Faye one morning when they were lazing around in her room.

They were both laying on her bed each lost in their own world when she nudged Faye's side. "Why didn't you wake me up when I fell asleep in the carriage?" Kim found herself asking.

Faye's eyebrows shot up and a smile bloomed on her face as she replied, "I honestly tried to wake you up," she began, "but I was told to let you rest." She finalized coyly turning fully to face her.

Kim almost chocked on her own saliva, "W-what," she gulped fixing her eyes on Faye who now appeared dead serious and there was no way she was pulling her leg. Her expression was neutral and equally curious.

"Exactly, that's what I thought and he was stern with his words." Faye added wriggling her eyes before she stood up and jumped around the room suddenly excited about something.

"If Lily gets ahold of this information, things might get interesting." Kim's grimaced at what Faye was implying. The girls tended to think ahead about everything, not exactly overthinking ,but they always ended up planning the unthinkable.

"He was just being nice," she quickly defended as she took a book by her bedside and flipped through the pages temporarily busying herself.

"How nice if he maintained the same position for over an hour," Faye detested noticing Kim pull up the book further up to hide her face.

This was way more interesting than what Lily had briefed her about the ball two weeks ago. She thought Lily was exaggerating about their interaction, as she always flavored everything up.

It was so unlike Kimberly to socialize thus she found herself doubting Lily's story but with the gazes and attention the quiet man had for Kim, she was eventually sure. Faye remembered how his response had marveled her.

The man was reserved and he was serious at all times they were at the small hotel in town. She didn't however miss the frequent glances he send Kimberly's side. Too frequent for her to figure out what was happening .

It was hard for Kim not to think about this. Why did he let her sleep on his arm for that long? And why did he wave Faye off when she tried waking her up?