• Eleven

Gwen walked along his master down the crowded path explaining joyously to him about anything the young master rested his eyes on.

Be it jewelry, clothing, any sort of animal and all kinds of stuff, he had briefed him about everything.

It had even been a surprise to him that they were actually going to just walk around town sightseeing. Sir Arthur, his master hardly frequented such areas.

Especially the town and with nothing important to do just observing. Gwen had been his attendant back home and he knew the young knight was always either off in the mountains practicing or in the palace training if not in battle.

Those were the only places he knew he'd be if he wasn't home. Thus asking him to give him a tour across town had him shaking in disbelief.

Gwen observed him and wondered whether he had been taking anything unusual since this wasn't the master he had known. The man walking alongside him was actually the opposite of what he'd known.

They were even walking around as commoners since Sir Arthur had insisted in blending in with the crowd something which he previously never took account of.

It was becoming a puzzle for Gwen to figure out what had suddenly happened. Even after coming home a week before from war, he had started to notice some peculiar things.

Apparently when Gwen had been putting his important possessions in place at his room, he'd safely kept his armour and knight attire along with his boots carefully handling them delicately.

Even with all the care, he didn't fail to notice an odd looking object that strangely sat in his belongings. A small woven basket with a purple ribbon by the side.

At first Gwen was confused at what such a thing would be doing there but since it had been in the midst of his other things he brushed it off.

Especially after close evaluation, he realized the basket had been slightly damaged and dirtied as some specks of dust still came out of it and somebody had attempted to keep it well.

Looking at his side as he explained about the changes that had occured while he had been away, Gwen wondered whether this was still the same man he'd known.

The two were infact friends and he found himself tempted to ask of what he was concerned about but he always held his tongue. Despite his calmness, he didn't handle it well when people snooped around his things.

"Do nobles come here often?" Sir Arthur found himself asking as his eyes fleeted across the people that walked by chatting amongst themselves.

"Yes, most of them come here on Tuesdays," Gwen stated guiding him down a path that seemed to be less populated. His response seemed to have piqued his interest since he stopped walking and began looking around.

"Is something wrong, Sir?" Gwen stood too perplexed at what was the matter.

"Nothing at all, can we get some tea please." Sir Arthur asked expectantly looking at him.

Not that he was going to disagree but Gwen nodded and detoured from their previous path turning left to a part that had more people bustling by.

Sir Arthur glanced around the place noticing how things had drastically changed from how he previously remembered them. He had been away for almost an year and being able to walk around freely calmed him.

He had been used to life at the mountains and the hardships that came along with them forgetting how normal life felt. Not that he was complaining but this felt really good.

Due to his lack of socializing, most people didn't know him and those who knew him barely recognized him now. He had changed so much after all that while.