• Seven

Everything was pleasant to look at. The night sky was clear from any clouds enhancing the numerous stars that shone brightly.

The moon was full illuminating the whole palace despite the fairy lights that glistened all over. The evening was simply beautiful and Kim wished it would remain so.

They began walking towards the main hall where soft slow music seemed to be playing. Judging from how the pathway was clear, the ball might have just began .

At the entrance, Kim took off her black coat and passed it to the butler already feeling cold. A few guards greeted her father as they walked by.

They entered the ballroom, her parents first and they slowly descended down the stairs to the heart of the room. Couples danced merrily to the calming music bright smiles on their faces.

There also stood some few loners who just moved along with the music as they didn't have partners. Others were huddled in groups as they laughed out and joked about. Long time friends also seemed to be catching up.

Kim spotted all that as she swept her eyes across the vast room. Her face almost fell once she failed to spot her lovely friend and her stomach churned in uneasiness.

With all her speculation, she had forgotten to walk down the stairs and had been shamelessly surveying the place. She failed to notice that almost all eyes were now on her.

Ladies shot her envious looks as the men they had been chatting with eyed her openly awestruck by her appearance. She had managed to capture the attention of most people even without realizing it herself.

Gerald nudged his sister by her side taking her out of her daze. Her eyes kept fleeting across the room and he wondered what she was looking for.

Kim looped her hand in his arm as they came down the stairs. It was then that Kim noticed that all eyes were glued on them and she started to feel anxious as she tightly held Gerald's arm.

She didn't do well especially with attention. Kim could have sworn that she would have tripped were it not for Gerald's support. She tended to forget to walk properly when many people focused on her.

They successfully came down the stairs and headed to join their parents who were conversing with the youngest prince. The King and Queen were yet to join though it would only be better if they passed their greetings.

"Your highness, it is such an honor to be here." Lord Heather said as he shook hands with the prince.

"General, glad you are here. Father was just asking for you." The prince stated once he exchanged greetings.

"I wouldn't keep his majesty waiting, I'll be off then." Lord Heather replied as he excused himself from the group along with his wife.

Gerald picked a conversation with the prince and Kim flee from his side. She wasn't as social as her brother and not even as popular as him. It was like Gerald knew everyone.

Kim manoeuvred her way through the merry congregation desperately looking for Lily. She clasped into people backs and slightly nudged on their shoulders as she weaved through.

A hand gripped her arm unexpectedly making her release a tiny yelp. She turned her head too fast that she could have broken her neck.

"Surprise!" Lily smugly smiled at her as she leaped on her without notice. Kim stumbled for a moment before returning the embrace.

"I thought you had bailed out on me," Kim answered once they broke contact. Her heart had fallen the moment she had failed to spot her.

Kimberly had actually been thinking about Faye's alternative plan if Lily didn't show up. She had planned to venture into the kitchens and distract herself eating to her fill.