a note

it's over.

yeah, i know. i can finally slide over that little complete toggle, and put a check mark on the book.

we absolutely love to see it 😈

i'd like to thank all the readers who made writing this book so fun for me, especially those who left comments, y'all are so funny and sweet istg. special shout out to curi, lokayva, ella, h, tram, and everyone else who's taken time out out of their busy days to write me sweet messages! all your comments really put a smile on my face and i'm so glad we could go on this journey together :)

this book quite literally started with me getting the random idea: wouldn't it be funny if a goth girl worked at a hallmark store? and from there i just ran with it.

i was working on another book at the time that i was starting to get bored with because i was just editing, so i figured i'd branch out and do something entirely different—switching from dark academia to cheesy romcom. and i absolutely don't regret it.

the thing about writing romcoms is that anything can happen. i'd get a random idea and suddenly the plot would get longer or i'd think of a piece to add to a backstory and suddenly another part would make more sense. and, yeah, i guess that technically applies to any genre, but something about putting no pressure on myself to take the story a certain way really helped me with my editing boredom. i guess frances would say i'm figuring out stuff about myself as a writer~

i still might write some bonus chapters of this book bc idk if i'm ready to let go of danecleo just yet lmao but from the bottom of my heart i want to say THANK YOU FOR READING!!! 💕

also if u would like to see a certain chapter from dane's POV let me know which haha