nine

MESS IT UP
ACT NINE! - ' watered down coffee '
date - 04 / 08 / 2022

DAISY MADE THE SLOW walk back to her apartment, where she presumed gracie would still be sleeping

she kicked pebbles along the pavement, the sun filtering through the cracks of the leaves and splattering the pavement with splinters of golden light.

morning sun glinted off rose-tinted windows, the birds chirping in the trees. the sounds of the early city morning filled daisy's ears, for once in her life not wearing her airpods and blasting her playlists or a true crime podcast.

occasional cars drove past, mainly empty buses just beginning their routes. the occasional jogger dotted the bike lanes, as well as a handful of people walking their dogs and getting an early start to the day.

daisy said hello to a middle aged woman with a dachshund puppy, crouching down and petting the dog.

"hello sweet baby," she trails off, flicking the tag over and reading the dogs name. "ori," the woman says before she can finish reading. "she's a girl, by the way." she leans down herself, petting the dogs head.

"she's cute, she looks a bit like my dog." daisy says, the words 'my dog' slipping off her tongue when talking about weenie.

after the brief interaction with the dog, she continues her walk. she grabs some coffee for both her and gracie from a little shop near her house, happy that one is finally open.

she arrives at the door to her apartment, grabbing her phone and checking the time. 6:32. she had been out for around an hour and a half. she slid her key into the lock, slowly turning it right until she heard the signature click and swinging the door open, pulling her keys out and stepping into the apartment.

she slipped her shoes off, hanging her bag on the hanger, her head perking up to a quiet clatter coming from her kitchen. she felt almost relieved gracie was awake, standing fully and placing the coffees on the bench near her front door.

with a newfound confidence she weaved her way towards the kitchen, soundlessly entering and coming up behind gracie.

she slid her arms around gracie's waist, who jumped in surprise before gasping, clasping a hand over her heart as her palms found the countertop, sighing.

"jesus, you scared me." she whispered, daisy stifling a soft laugh as gracie leaned back, melting into her hold. gracie remained with her back to daisy, her head dropped into her shoulder so she was looking at the ceiling.

"sorry," daisy apologized softly, leaning in and pressing soft kisses down gracie's neck. gracie mumbled something, shifting her neck slightly to give daisy more access.

"you're being awfully touchy, what's going on?" gracie whispered, her tone breathy as she felt daisy's lips skid across her shoulders and collarbones.

"so im not allowed to kiss my teddy now?" she breathes out a laugh, gracie's breath hitching at the combination of both the possessive pronoun and the nickname.

gracie remained silent, understanding her best bet was to envelope herself in the seemingly rare moments of uninterrupted comfort she shared with daisy.

daisy's hands wandered to her hips, using some strength to spin gracie so she was facing her, then pushing her flush against the counter by her hips.

gracie gasped slightly in surprise, nearly instantly feeling daisy's lips on her own. their lips brush slightly at first, the feeling alone igniting the fire within gracie's veins.

the breath is nearly knocked out of her by the the force of their lips colliding, her hands moving to grip the back of daisy t-shirt as daisy's remain gripping her hips. the harder daisy kissed her, the more gasoline she added to the ever growing fire inside her.

daisy's tongue darted out, swiping gracie's bottom lip as gracie moves her hand to feather within daisy's copper hair, her fingertips gripping her lavender scented messy curls. her surprise is dulled by the mere fact daisy is kissing her, the feeling speeding her heart beat erratically as something she had been longing for and craving for nearly a week.

she pulls away, breathing heavily as a mix of confusion and euphoric daze clouds her mind, a desperate need to ask daisy where this is suddenly coming from dulled by the excitement of it happening again.

daisy kisses her again, somehow harder this time as gracie lets out a stuttered breath. daisy pulls away briefly with a slight 'pop' sound, her teeth clamped to gracie's bottom lip as she whines in protest, daisy dropping her head to instead lay lingering kisses down her jawline.

gracie throws her head back slightly, whimpering something incoherent as daisy reaches her neck, focusing on her pulse point as she feels gracie's fingernails dig deeper into her pale skin.

"please; daisy," gracie grasps for an answer, daisy's lips against her neck igniting her body as her knees feel like jello, gripping daisy's shoulders to support her shaking body.

"daisy- what is going on with you?" gracie rasps, finally pulling herself out of her daze and removing her hands from daisy's shoulders, cupping her cheeks to pull her away from her neck, forcing eye contact.

"and do not say you just want to kiss me," she begins, shaking her head. "because you and i both know if you just wanted to kiss me you wouldn't have been treating me like a stranger for the past week." she says, eyebrows slightly furrowed in a mix of confusion and frustration.

daisy's pupils are blown, gracie looking at her with hooded eyes, pleading for a proper answer.

silence follows, both girls heads still in a daze.

"i need to know if you're mine first." daisy finally says, gracie furrowing her eyebrows deeper. "what?" she asks, confused.

"just, please." daisy pleads, her hands finding gracie's shoulders as she remained with her back pressed to the counter.

"are you mine, gracie?" she asks, her voice no higher than a whisper.

a few seconds of silence pass, time ticking by slowly as gracie's mine reeled for an answer. she took a deep breath, her fingertips finding daisy's flushed cheeks, making sure she was looking her dead in the eyes so she could fully see the truthfulness of her words.

"im yours, daisy. all and only yours."

¨*:·. .·:*¨

QUINN SPEAKS

okay bad chapter whatever
this is so rushed idc
ok
whatever
vote and comment
goodbye