seventeen

MESS IT UP
ACT SEVENTEEN! - ' goodbye '
date - 03 / 08 / 2023

THE DAY ARRIVED in which gracie was forced to leave came far sooner than both girls felt prepared for

gracie's arm was draped over daisy's waist as her head lay on her chest, her soft rhythmic breathing and consistent heartbeat echoing in daisy's ears as tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

she inhaled a shaky breathe, desperately trying to hide her emotions from gracie. her issues with being vulnerable that stemmed from her past relationships shone through, causing her to swallow the lump in her throat and simply attempt to savour the final few moments she had with her girlfriend.

gracie stirred, her dark eyes fluttering open slowly, much to daisy's dismay. sunlight was barely beginning to filter through the blinds of her hotel room as she felt daisy's warm hands against her bare skin.

"are you okay?" her voice rasped with the remnants of sleep, her eyes hooded with worry. her fingertips trailed up daisy's back, getting lost in her blonde waves as daisy's lip trembled, her heart aching.

"i'm going to miss you." she settles on a simple description, gracie smiling sadly at her confession. "i'm going to miss you too. so, so much." she breathes, pulling the girl closer to her body. "i'll be home before you know it, okay? we're going to get through this." she promises with a wobbling voice, pressing a kiss to daisy's hair as she melts into her girlfriends hold.

the room was basked in silence, daisy feeling an indescribable heaviness in the pit of her stomach as a sense of familiarity crept into her mind, feeling gracie sniffle against her as her owns cheeks glistened with tears, realizing she felt almost the same choked desolation as the last time gracie left.

may 18, 2021

daisy slid into the front seat of her cherry-red 1970s corvette, a heavy, aching weight on her heart. gracie sat beside her, eyes trained to the open road in front of the two, not passing her girlfriend a single glance.

the girls drove in silence to daisy's apartment, a cloud of tension surrounding them despite the lack of conversation. the tension seemed more and more prevalent, as if days upon days could go by without the girls uttering a single word to one another.

gracie could be sitting directly beside daisy on her grey living room couch, but she might as well have been halfway across the world with how distant she seemed. their relationship became more tumultuous by the day, and being around each other was becoming far too arduous to bear for the both of them. daisy lived in a constant state of denial, believing the girls could work past this rough patch if they just tried. however, at the same time, it felt as if she was doing all the dirty work.

a somber energy filled daisy's home as the girls entered, the door not even being able to fully shut before daisy opened her mouth for the first time that day.