twelve

MESS IT UP
ACT TWELVE! - ' love song '
date - 17 / 09 / 2022

"DID YOU EVER REALIZE I wrote more songs about you than mess it up?" gracie whispered, the girls inches from another

"DID YOU EVER REALIZE I wrote more songs about you than mess it up?" gracie whispered, the girls inches from another. their noses were nearly brushing together, gracie having flipped her body to face daisy.

daisy's eyes fluttered open, hooded with sleep. her lips parted, eyebrows slightly furrowing. "no." was all she could come up with.

gracie smiled slightly, her dimple showing, daisy taking her hand from where it was resting on gracie's hip to trace down her cheek as she spoke.

"i wrote so many songs, god. love songs, sad songs, songs about marrying you." daisy's lips twitched slightly, her heart speeding up, though not interrupting gracie. "i never understood having a muse until you came into my life. i think i called you that, once. my muse." she laughs at this, a blush sprinkled across daisy's cheeks. "you laughed, called me your muse as well. we were getting ready for some dinner party. i don't think you understood how incredibly serious i was." gracie says, her voice never raising above a whisper. daisy's lips parted into a smile, barely showing her teeth. she leant forward, connecting her tired lips with gracie's, her hand travelling from her cheek to the back of her head, tangling in her honey brown hair.

gracie pulled away, their lips still brushing, both of them smiling. to an outsiders perspective, they looked like lovesick puppies.

"i have a favourite, i haven't come up with a name for it yet," she whispers, "do you want to hear it?" a soft, vulnerable question. she had kept this song locked away for months.

"i would love to." daisy says, gracie smiling as she slowly lifted herself up from the bed, immediately missing the warmth of daisy's arms around her.

daisy sat up, back pressed against the headboard as gracie lifted a guitar off the stand, sitting on the chair opposite the bed as she began tuning, daisy simply watching her.

she found great enjoyment in merely looking at gracie, who was most definitely a sight for sore eyes. she wanted to watch her do the most mundane things, like when she was cutting apples or when she's humming along to taylor swift in the kitchen, socked-feet dancing along the tiled floor.

gracie finished tuning, clearing her voice. she strums a few times, getting herself comfortable, before beginning the song.

"i didn't think i'd ever want this yet when we had first met in fall, guess it's something you learned to accept, when i'm a mess it's not your fault," gracie began, daisy bringing her knees to her chest and resting her head on them, watching her.

"but i keep forgetting, it's what we do," gracie breathed slowly. "i missed the train again, i called your name as if you'd drive it back, i swear you're in my head throughout the day i can say that for a fact, know we had better days but to keep me sane, i guess that this is just another love song, about you." gracie paused briefly. "just another love song, about you," she pauses, halting her strumming.