thirteen

MESS IT UP
ACT THIRTEEN! - ' sleepyhead '
date - 15 / 09 / 2022

IT'S BEEN NEARLY A MONTH since gracie revealed daisy's song to her, and she had been keeping herself very busy

IT'S BEEN NEARLY A MONTH since gracie revealed daisy's song to her, and she had been keeping herself very busy. she had been away from daisy for over a week, working with aaron in a remote cabin on songs for her newest project.

daisy awoke to the soft brush of gracie's lips to her temple, a sliver of panic cutting through her before her familiar scent slipped through her surroundings. she calmed, her arms curling around gracie's shoulders as she smiled sleepily.

it was still dark outside, the only light being a soft glint from the bedside lamp daisy had left on before falling asleep the night prior, encapsulating the chestnut brown of gracie's hair that spilled onto daisy's collarbones in a warm golden glow. 

"i missed you." daisy's voice cuts the silence, a rasp of broken sleep and subconscious sentiment. gracie smiles, her dimple on full display as she presses her lips to daisy's forehead. she smelled of espresso and vanilla perfume, her hair of coconut.

"i missed you too." gracie whispers, her eyes fluttering to meet daisy's, some that she had grown to know more than her own. they didn't look the icy blue they normally did, in the dim lamplight they appeared a quartz grey.

"what time is it?" daisy asked, threading her fingers into gracie's copper hair. "much too early for you to be up," gracie smiles, pressing another kiss to her forehead. "i've been driving all night and im exhausted." she sighs, flopping down beside daisy sliding her body under the covers, resting her head on daisy's shoulder.

daisy flipped over so she was facing gracie, sliding her arms around her and pulling her closer to herself, resting her chin against her head as gracie's hair brushed against her chest.

"i'm so happy you're back," daisy whispers, twirling gracie's hair around her finger as she hummed, pressing soft kisses down daisy's collarbone.

daisy quickly fell into a content sleep, one she hadn't had since saying her goodbyes to gracie a week prior. she was unfathomably proud of the girl of course, having heard snippets of the songs that gracie had played for her over facetime.

despite this, she knew the undeniable conversation about touring was bound to come, and the real test of the strength of their relationship was drawing closer by the day.

the this is what it feels like tour and her opening for olivia (which daisy did tune in to) occurred whilst they were broken up, and the only thing comparable was small shows for minor that daisy often accompanied her to.

gracie had discussed releasing her new album, which she didn't yet have a name for, in january of 2023. she was working closely with producers, press agents, her tour manager, and bandmates in order to be able to start touring in february. she was insanely busy, and though daisy tried her absolute hardest to not take it personally, it hurt when she didn't see her girlfriend for weeks at a time.