Mischief Managed?

"I still don't see why I got stuck in detention, too."

Hermione looked over from where she was meticulously cleaning and organizing the supply cupboard to see Ron scowling as he scrubbed the floor. She sighed. Manual labor was not fun at the best of times, but having Ron sulking and muttering over his detention accomplished nothing but making the time drag on further. From across the room Draco snorted, not bothering to glance up from the potion he was carefully brewing. "Shut it Weasley," he commanded. "You're the one who said you wanted to be included."

Ron glared at the blonde. "I didn't mean by being punished!" He miserably gazed down at his pail of soapy water. "We're missing out on Zonko's, and buying loads of sweets. Bet ya Harry would much rather have chocolate than be making stupid potions." He shifted slightly, trying to ignore the way his clothes irritated his skin. "Then, after shopping a bit, we could go to the Three Broomsticks and have a Butterbeer with Madame Ros…" he stopped abruptly, blushing as he began scrubbing vigorously.

Blaise wandered over, gently rubbing circles on Hermione's neck as she carefully wrote down ingredients that still needed to be replenished. "Someone got a bit of a crush, then?" Ron sent Blaise a vicious look, eyes narrowing at Hermione's quiet hum of pleasure.

Hermione sighed, arching gently into the soothing massage. "Oh shut up, the both of you. I managed to go six years without ever once having a detention. I could be in the library, or putting together a study schedule for Harry, or getting Harry some new books and supplies in Hogsmead." She frowned at the cupboard in front of her. "It's not so much the fact that I have a detention;" she blinked rapidly, trying to clear her suddenly watery vision. "How could I forget to tell Professor Snape about my suspicions over the mermaids? How could I hurt Harry like that?"

A gentle kiss on the top of her head made her smile slightly. "No one is perfect, Cucciola Mia," Blaise said warmly. "Not even you, shocking as the thought may be."

The door opening halted the conversation. Blaise moved away from Hermione to help Pansy with the large box she was struggling with, setting it down on Professor Snape's desk. Greg and Vince followed, carrying their boxes easily. Snape entered last, frowning down at a list in his hand, Harry dancing along by his side with a fistful of flowers clutched tightly in his hand. "Hi Mione!" he greeted excitedly, moving to her side and holding up his arms. "We went into the forest and met loads of animals! Then we met this really big man named Hagrid who helped me pick flowers. And," he bounced in her arms, wanting to share his excitement, "he had a dog! A dog, Mione! His name is Fang, and Hagrid says I can play with him whenever I want to!" Harry stopped bouncing, an odd expression flitting across his face, one hand reaching to absently rub his temple. "I like dogs, Mione. Did I used to have one?"

She froze, eyes widening painfully. Snuffles. Was Harry remembering Sirius? Hermione was saved from answering when Snape chose that moment to address Harry. "What did I tell you about attempting to get a straight answer from a student?"

Harry giggled, face brightening into a smile as he squirmed out of Hermione's arms and walked over to his teacher. "It's an exercise in futility," he answered promptly. Draco choked back a laugh.

"How on earth did you collect all these?" Blaise looked stunned as he unloaded the boxes. Blood, hairs, fangs, snake skin, unicorn tears, Accromantula venom, fairy dust, rare and hard to find flowers and herbs not known to flourish in the Forbidden Forest; the boxes were a treasure trove of products.

"Oh," Pansy answered dismissively. "Turns out our Harry can talk to animals. All animals." She winked at the little boy, smiling as he beamed up at her. "Once Professor Snape assured our Harry he was helping his friends by collecting these ingredients, he was only too happy to ask the animals to share with him."