Chapter 28

Four days later, early in the morning, the emperor received a letter from one of the messengers of the imperial knights. He was sitting in his office accompanied by his two friends, Angus and Edgar, who were sitting on the two armchairs in front of him.

"Apparently their mission is going pretty well. They're getting the situation in Adigona under control and the mercenaries have started to step back," Arthur said as he read the letter.

"These are very good news. We'll be rid of them in no time," Angus replied.

"Yes. I hope that none of our knights will get seriously injured," Edgar added.

On these words, Gardner stormed into the room, his face as white as a sheet.

"Your Majesty!" he called out, completely out of breath.

"What's going on, Gardner?" Arthur asked, completely confused.

"Your Majesty... The cities of Clester and Ilaphis have just been attacked!"

The emperor abruptly stood up from his chair, followed by the Duke and the Count.

"What are you saying?! How did this happen and when?!" he exclaimed angrily.

"According to our messengers from both cities, it started about two days ago."

"Who attacked them?" Angus asked hastily.

"An army of mercenaries, Your Grace. They're terrorizing everyone over there."

The three men looked at each other in disbelief before turning back to the old butler.

"How is that possible? It can't be true," Edgar muttered in shock.

"Besides, Avigona, Clester and Ilaphis are very far from each other. It takes at least a week to get from one to the other. How did this army move so fast?" Angus added.

Arthur clenched his fists tightly in anger and irritation.

"Call Captain Koraxos. Tell him I need him in my office immediately," the emperor ordered.

"Understood, Your Majesty," Gardner replied with a bow.

Before moving towards the office door, someone knocked on it.

"Come in," Arthur ordered.

Lucas Koraxos entered the room accompanied by the young princess. He was dressed in his usual armor.

"Good morning, Your Majesty," he greeted with a bow.

"What good can be there, Lucas? I was just going to send Gardner to get you here," the emperor complained.

"Once I heard the news, I quickly came to see you, Your Majesty."

"Me too, Dad. What's going on? How come there was another attack?" Luana asked, completely lost.

"Two more attacks. In the cities of Clester and Ilaphis," corrected Angus.

"Led by the same army of those cursed mercenaries," Edgar added.

"How is that possible?" wondered the young girl.

"We need to act fast. Lucas, we'll send two more groups of Imperial Knights to deal with this before it's too late," Arthur suggested.

"Understood, Your Majesty," replied the young knight, bowing.

"They have to be ready by tomorrow morning to leave. I'll leave that up to you. Then-"

Before he could finish his sentence, someone knocked loudly on the door of the room.

"What else is there?! Come in!" Arthur exclaimed, enraged.

Bodyguard's Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें