Chapter 41

The next morning, Luana got up in her room, took a bath and got ready before having her breakfast which her maid brought her.

"Good morning, Your Highness," the latter greeted, bowing to her.

"Good morning, Agnes," the princess replied, smiling at her.

The maid put the breakfast tray on the small table near the patio door and put a white colored envelope next to it which caught the girl's attention.

"What is this, Agnes?" she asked, confused.

"It's a letter that just arrived this morning, Your Highness. It's for you."

"A letter? From whom?" she wondered curiously.

"It's not marked, Your Highness. It's an anonymous letter apparently."

The young princess took the envelope and opened it to find a letter folded in half inside.

"Thank you very much for the breakfast, Agnes. I'll call you back if I need you," she said smiling.

"Understood, Your Highness. Bon appetit to you," replied the maid, bowing again before leaving the room.

The young girl drank a small sip of the delicious tea that was served to her on a pretty cup before unfolding the piece of paper and reading it.

┌─────── ∘◦❁◦∘ ───────┐

Good morning, Your Highness,

I hope you're doing well and that you're in good health.

I know that the content of this letter may seem shocking or even absurd to you, but I simply cannot hide the truth from you.

I was informed, not long ago, that the Grand Master is preparing to attack you again. This time, instead of sending one person to take on this mission, he sent three, one of them is someone that you and I know personally.

I can't tell you more than this, but be very careful. This army is, for the moment, getting prepared in their headquarters. Once I have information about where it is, I'll let you know about it.

I hope that by doing this, I would have been useful to you. Take good care of yourself.

Greetings from a friend.

└─────── ∘◦❁◦∘ ───────┘

After having finished reading, the young princess put the letter back on the table with a small sigh.

'Cecilia... It's her... I'm sure... I don't know if what she's saying is true or not... It might be a trap... After all, why would she want to help us when her own father is one of the order's leader?'

After a short moment of reflection, she got up while taking the letter with her before leaving her room.

'I'm going to show this to Lucas and Dad. They'll know what to do,' she thought.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

Back to the house of the former captain of the Imperial Army, the latter was preparing himself to leave before hearing someone knocking softly on his door.

'Who could it be?' he wondered, very confused.

He left his bedroom, going towards the corridor which he crossed before arriving in front of the front door and opening it.