Chapter 35

With these words, the knights advanced slowly towards the mansion before attacking it quickly which took the mercenaries who protected it by surprise.

"What?! Oh my god! Gather up! We're being attacked!" one of them exclaimed in rage.

Matthew, Elion and their men mercilessly killed the criminals one by one, leaving them no time to regenerate. As Lucas and his group made their way to the front door. They broke it before entering the house.

Once inside, they were attacked by a large number of them. Unlike those outside, these ones were twice as strong and much better armed.

"Capture them!" ordered a mercenary in an authoritative tone.

Lucas took his sword and, with a single blow, cut them in two pieces while the others did the same to eliminate the maximum of them in the minimum time.

"Their leader must be upstairs, Captain!" exclaimed one of his allies.

"We'll take care of those here, Captain! You have to eliminate their leader if we want to kill them off completely," added another.

Lucas looked up at the stairs and nodded affirmatively before turning around to his group.

"I'll go up there alone. Take care of those vermin here," he ordered.

"Understood, Captain!"

On those words, Lucas ran towards the stairs, swinging his sword in all directions to eliminate his enemies who pounced on him like beasts.

He kept doing this until he found himself on the top floor. Once he cleared out everyone in his way, two mercenaries came out of the room at the back of the hallway and ran towards him with their big axes in their hands.

"We won't let you pass, damned human!" they declared angrily.

Lucas exerted a manipulative power on them that pinned them in place, not letting them move. Then, with his right hand, he created a huge ball of fire which he threw at them causing them to scream very loudly in pain.

"Damn human! Do you think that flame is going to kill us for good?! We're going to be resurrected, poor idiot! It's not over!" one of them exclaimed in rage.

"I'll make sure to kill you again when that happens," he replied sarcastically.

He passed them and moved slowly towards the room where their leader was.

Once inside, Velthur pounced on him with a poisoned dagger in his hand that Lucas dodged with an agile movement before grabbing his attacker by the neck, along with the hand that carried the dagger and pressing him firmly against the wall.

"It's not very proper to attack a guests at the door, Velthur Clanti. Where are your manners, tell me ?" he said sarcastically.

"You bastard! You're hurting me!" grunted the leader in pain.

The captain tightened his grip on hid neck and wrist even more until it left red marks on his skin.

"Be careful of what you say... I'm not a bastard, you understand? Your life and that of your puppets are now in my hands... I can kill you right now if I want to..." he whispered coldly which made his opponent tremble in fear like a leaf.

"H-How did you find our hideout?! Besides, C-Captain Arminel clearly told us that you weren't going to attack us before a month! What has changed?!" he exclaimed in fear.

"Nothing at all... It's just that you are wat too stupid... And way too naive to believe everything we say..." replied the young knight with a smirk.

"Don't tell me... Captain Arminel betrayed us?!"