Chapter 46

The young girl displayed a very big smile while contemplating the object which was in front of her eyes.

"You have to be the one to take it, Lucas. After all, it belongs to your family," she prompted.

The young man turned to her, watching her for a moment before nodding his head affirmatively. He moved slowly towards the statue before staring at it insistently.

"I know who that person is," he said suddenly.

"Really? Who is it?" asked the girl curiously.

"It's my grandfather... Koraxos Alphelos... The sword belonged to him... That's why they created this statue that represents him in his honor and hid the sword there with it..." he answered.

"It makes a lot of sense, yeah. Looking at him like that, even though I never knew him, I can imagine that he was a very good emperor," she complimented.

"I'm sure he was, too..."

The young man stared at the sword for a moment before taking it from the statue's hands. As he did this, he felt his body absorb an enormous energy that ran through his veins. He sighed heavily before taking a deep breath of fresh air.

He swiveled the weapon in all directions before positioning it vertically to check its stiffness and if it was straight.

"It's perfect..." he whispered, stroking the weapon.

At that moment, they could hear the sound of rocks moving. Turning slowly behind them, the two young people found themselves in front of a very big army of stone knights. The statues they had noticed upon entering the room had moved.

The two young people widened their eyes in shock as Lucas moved in front of the young girl to protect her by putting his sword in front of him in a defensive position.

"Don't come any closer," he ordered in a very cold tone.

One of the knights who, apparently, was their leader advanced towards the young captain slowly before getting on one knee in front of him while lowering his head. A thing that surprised Lucas greatly.

"We are very happy to see you again, Your Highness, Prince Lucas Koraxos Alphelos," he greeted respectfully.

Lucas and Luana's eyes widened in shock as they listened to the latter's words.

The other knights did the same as their leader and knelt before the young knight, laying their weapons on the ground in front of them.

"We have waited for you for so many years, Your Highness. Now, we are all ready to be under your orders and to fight by your side," their leader continued.

With these words, Lucas, who had just come back to his senses, nodded affirmatively to them before speaking again.

"I thank you very much for your warm welcome and your loyalty to my family. It's a pleasure for me to have such strong and noble teammates as you," he said with a small smile on his lips.

"The pleasure is ours, Your Highness."

"To be honest, I really need your help. I would like you to come with me to the capital, to the royal palace. We are facing a great war and our enemy is not an easy target. So, your force will be very useful to us," he explained.

"We will fight with all our might, Your Highness!" said one of the knights.

"We will bring you victory! You can count on us on that!" another exclaimed.

"We won't let you down, Your Highness! We promise!"

"I trust you, all of you, completely and am very confident that you can be of great help to us."