Chapter 43

The girl's horse continued to gallop through the woods, side by side with that of her personal bodyguard who was still unconscious.

'Hold on, Roshua... We'll be there soon... Hold on...' she thought, encouraging him.

A few hours later, she found herself in front of the great gate of the palace. The two guards that were standing there abruptly stopped her from going in when they saw her.

"Halt! Where are you going at this hour?!" one of them asked angrily.

"I beg of you! I need to see Her Highness! My friend here is badly injured and needs treatment soon or else he'll die!" she exclaimed in worry.

"It's not possible! We have received orders not to let any strangers enter the palace!" replied the other guard.

"I beg of you! I'm Marquis Kalmiv's daughter! I'm not a stranger! I used to come here!" she insisted.

"Didn't you hear us?! Were clearly told you that it's impossible to let you in! Go now! Go back where you came from! Come back tomorrow morning and maybe we'll let you pass!"

Finding no solution to be able to enter the palace, the young girl took a deep breath of oxygen before starting to scream loudly.

"Your Highness! Your Highness, please! Your highness!"

"What are you doing?! Stop yelling like that!" the guard exclaimed, trying to stop her.

"Your Highness! Your Highness!" she continued.

At that moment, the palace gates opened as the young princess and her bodyguard stepped out into the courtyard before advancing towards the big gate.

Seeing the young Lady Kalmiv in front of her, the princess was very surprised.

"Y-Your Highness," Cecilia muttered dejectedly.

"What is happening here ?" asked the young knight, completely confused.

"S-Sir Koraxos... This woman came out of nowhere and is asking to see Her Highness right now. She says her friend is badly injured and needs treatment as soon as possible," the guard explained.

"We told her that the entry is prohibited to all strangers, but she doesn't want to listen to us at all and insists on seeing Her Highness," added the second.

With these words, Cecilia knelt in front of the large gate where Luana stood on the other side of it. Hot tears streamed down the trembling girl's cheeks.

"I beg of you, Your Highness... Help me... We were attacked by a group of demons that came out of nowhere... My bodyguard was badly injured while trying to protect me... Please... Save his life... I beg of you... I'll do whatever you want... Just save him..." she begged, sobbing hard.

The young princess nodded her head to the guards to open the gate. Once the latter was open, she walked over to the girl who was still kneeling on the floor and held out her hand for her.

"Get up, Cecilia. Let's go inside to talk. The doctor will take care of your friend. Don't worry," she said, smiling slightly at her.

The blond haired girl smiled gratefully while sobbing louder in relief.

"Thank you... Thank you so much, Your Highness..." she whispered, taking her hand.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

The next morning, the young girl woke up to find herself sitting on a chair next to the bed where Roshua was lying, who was completely unconscious and breathing slowly.