Chapter 1 - The Island

LEAFY POV

"Firey, I thought I told you to bring food!" I yelled. We were already miles away from home by now and I didn't see any other islands around us that we could go to. No food for miles. What if we die out here? Our friends probably think we're ok and won't be recovering us anytime soon. My thoughts were soon interrupted by Firey speaking. "I thought you had brought it." I sighed. "We have to find an island fast before we starve to death." "There's one right there!" I turned around to face the front of the boat. An island! And it had food on it! "Phew! We're sav- wait." "What?" Firey asked me, looking confused. "There are other objects on the island!" Firey looked back on the island. "So?" I rolled my eyes. "Firey, if they don't want anyone else on their island... they might attack us..." "Oh, good point." I looked back to Firey who seemed to be in deep thought. "I have an idea!"

FIREY POV

"What if we go to the other side of the island and hide from them!" Leafy frowned. "What if they find us!" "Pff, they won't! And if they do, we have a boat. We can just leave!" I said, knowing that my plan would work. Leafy thought for a moment then sighed. "Fine, let's do it." "Yes!" "Just so you know, I'm only agreeing because I know that if I don't you'll tell me 2763 reasons why we should do your plan." I smiled and grabbed Leafy and started using her as an oar so we could get to the other side of the island.

Once we got there Leafy immediately started eating a pineapple she found in a tree. "Leafy, be careful up there!" I shouted. She was about to said something when she fell off the tree. I caught her just in time. I stretched my arms out so I didn't burn her. I let her down on to the ground. "ARE YOU OK?!" I yelled. I'm pretty sure Leafy saw someone coming because she grabbed my arm and ran behind some bushes. I saw a spoon walking to where we had been before and started looking around. He turned to our direction and me and Leafy ducked. Eventually he gave up and left. "Phew that was close." I heard Leafy say. I looked over to Leafy who was still holding my arm. "Leafy, you can let go now." I said looking at my arm. "Oh, OH! I'm sorry!" "It's fine." I said looking down at the pineapple she was holding. "Can I have some?" She jumped at the sudden sound. "O-Oh! Uh sure!"

PAINTBRUSH POV

I sat at one of the PickNix tables with Candle waiting for Silver to come back with answers as to what that loud noise was. Silver Spoon came back after a few minutes. "So, was there anybody there?" I asked him. "Nope, just some random pineapple juice on the ground." I sighed. I heard my phone ring. "Oh I'll be right back guys, someone's calling me." I got up to leave when someone started talking. "If I remember correctly, you guys were planning on going to a resort correct?" Candle asked in her normal calm voice. I turned around and nodded. "Then why would you bring your phone with you?" "Well, other than seeing Spoiled Lemon, we didn't really have anything interested planned to do so I brought it just in case I got bored." "Hm, alright." Candle got up and left. Sliver followed her. I answered the call and to my surprise, Lightbulb called me. And it was FaceTime.

"PAINTY!" She yelled into the phone.
"Ow, my ears!"
"Sorry!"
"Lightbulb how are you calling me? I thought you didn't have a mephone."
"I took it"
"Wh- WHY?!"
"Because I don't have anything more friends with me and I needed to talk to someone."
"How did you even get my number?"
"I found it in a room in Hotel OJ."
"YOU BROKE IN TO THE HOTEL?!"
"No, the window was open."
I sighed. "I hanging up now."
"Ok! Talk to you later Painty!"

I hung up the phone. It was almost 8 pm so I went to the Pinkers' cabin and got into my bed and drifted off to sleep.

LEAFY POV

Me and Firey were looking for a place to sleep. "How about we sleep next to our boat so we don't lose it." I suggested. "Ok good idea!" He walked to our boat as I followed him close behind. I was pretty scared of the dark and Firey is fire and fire is warm and gives you light. I saw our boat which still pretty far away. Firey grabbed my hand and started runing full speed to the boat. "Hey! What the-!" Firey got to the boat and- wait.

The boat was here.

It's gone.

Where's our boat?!