Chapter 10 - The Bright Lights

*me making the cover* wait i need to post chapters *works on chapters instead*

Lightbulb POV
I was watching MeepleTok at like 2am because I was having trouble sleeping, when I heard water splashing outside.

"That's weird" I thought. "Who would be swimming this late?" I got up from me and Painty's bed and looked outside. I saw a boat slowly moving away from the island with a few people in it.

A boat? I backed away from the window and sat back down on the bed. Why was there a boat? Are some people trying to leave the island?

I decided to wake up Painty, they'd know what to do. "Painty, Painty~ Painty wake up!" I shook them.

They finally opened their eyes (barely) and sat up. "Wha, Lightbulb? What are you doing?" I let go of them. "I think some people are trying to leave the island."

"What?" They asked, still waking up. "We need to tell Testy!" "Alright, alright, calm down." They stood up and walked over to Testy's bed.

They lightly pushed her on the floor and started kicking her "Test Tube, wake up, we have a problem." She immediately shot up like she was awake the whole time.

"I'M UP." "Shush! So um, Lightbulb said she saw a few people leaving the island and we need to go check it out." Painty explained, pointing out the window.

"Oh alrighty! I'll wake up Fan, you two wait outside." I nodded and walked outside the cabin. Painty followed me shortly after. "So, Painty," I started to say. "What's your favorite color?" "Lightbulb, you already know the answer to that."

I sighed. "I'm just bored." "You were the one that wanted to see who those people were." Painty chuckled. I felt my cheeks go red. Uh oh. "Whatever..." I mumbled.

The cabin door opened and Test Tube came out with Fan and her holding hands. "He's up!" Painty grinned. "Holding hands was part of the waking up process?" Test Tube went red. Fan was blushing too but it wasn't has noticeable.

Test Tube let go of Fan's hand. Her face was almost as red as Fan himself. "S-She wasn't getting up s-so I had to drag him out of bed and that included grabbing her hand."

Painty rolled their eyes. "Whatever you say. Let's go see who was on the boat." They started walking towards the beach. "Cmon guys!" I said, running after Painty.

We finally reached the beach and saw Candle not to far away. She was walking away from the beach. Odd. I tried to get a closer look but ended up falling in the water.

Lucky, I knew how to swim and came out of the water. "Lightbulb, how do you manage to fall in the water every time we are at the beach?" Fan asked, rolling her eyes.

"At least I can swim." Fan stopped talking after that. "I have some binoculars," Testy said taking them out of nowhere. "I stole them from Mephone a while back. Who wants to use them?"

"Me!!!" I yelled grabbing them immediately. I looked in them and saw Balloon, Nickel, Leafy and Firey tied up, Yin-Yang, and some food on the boat. They all seemed to be freaking out.

"Well, who is it?" Fan asked me. "It's Balloon, Nickel, Leafy, Firey, who are tied up, and Yin-Yang. They all look scared." "Wait WHAT?" Painty yelled, grabbing the binoculars from me.

They looked through them and their jaw dropped. "What happened to them?" Painty asked. "I have no idea..." Test Tube said.

"Maybe it was Candle, she was walking away from the beach when we got here." I said pointing to where I saw her. "...Can I post this on my blog-" "NO!"

Paintbrush POV
I can't believe this is happening. I gave Test Tube her binoculars back. "So, what do we do now?" I asked.

"We need to get off this island. It isn't save here." Test Tube said, pushing up her glasses. "If we stay here, We'll end up just like them."

"Yeah but how are we gonna leave?" Lightbulb asked. "And we can't just leave everyone else here with that crazy bitch." I said.

"What's with everyone calling me a bitch lately?"

Shit. We all turned around and saw Candle. "H-Hi Candle!! Painty didn't mean that, t-they were just k—k-kidding! R—R-Right Painty??" I nodded. "Y-Yep! I—I-It was just a s-stupid joke!"

"I love jokes. Their so fun, hm?" She said stepping closer. "Y-Yep!" Fan started to say. "The f—f-funnest!"

"Yes.. very." She said. She started smiling creepily and stepping closer. I grabbed Lightbulb, Test Tube, and Fan and started running.

I let go of them. "RUN GUYS, RUN!!" I yelled still running. They immediately started running with me and we hid behind the cabins.

"Did- did we lose her?" Test Tube asked, trying to catch her breath. "I think so.." Fan said. "I'm scared," Lightbulb said, shaking. "What if she finds us?"

"She won't, she's a pretty slow runner." I said. "Test Tube, get your helicopter." "Right." She pulled out a remote and pressed a button.

"But what about everyone else?" Lightbulb asked. "We'll come back for them later." I said holding her hand. "Right now, we have to make sure we don't die." Lightbulb nodded.

The helicopter didn't take long to come. We all hurried inside it and shut all the doors. "Is everyone ready?" Test Tube asked. We all nodded. "Alright, we're going to OJ's hotel."

Test Tube pressed a button and the helicopter went into the air. I looked out the window and saw Candle smiling calmly at me. It was unsettling.

*Later*

We finally got to Hotel OJ. We got out of the helicopter and walked inside. We saw OJ in the living room.

"Woah, what are you guys doing here? Did you get eliminated?" He asked us. "Not exactly..." Test Tube said. "It's a long story. We can tell you tomorrow but right now we all want to go back to bed."

OJ checked the time. "Yeah, it's pretty late. Follow me, I'll show you to your rooms." We followed OJ up the stairs.

"So Paintbrush and Lightbulb will share a room and same thing with Test Tube and Fan alright?" We nodded. "Here are your keys."

I walked into me and Lightbulb's shared room and fell on my bed. I dozed off immediately.