Chapter 15: Death

Hello, sorry for the Looooooooooong delay, a lot happened in my life and I'm still catching up until now. This chapter will be divided into two parts, for now, half will be published. I can't yet promise for the next part (I always fail you with my promise :D *peace*)  but enjoy this one lovelies <3!!!

By the way, from now on we'll have this intro question to keep this chapter alive 🤗

Question: Where are you guys from? 

Can you guess mine? I might answer in the next chapter 😝.

Chapter 13: Death

Sharp eyes, dead gaze, blank stare. Features you could see in every being holed up in this fucked up place we called 'the Shelter'

No room for happiness, no room for saving grace. We all strived for survival and misplaced acceptance. Molded by tainted hands, carved with evil deeds.

We all had one goal in life, to serve the council.

Snatched from our families since young, training to death became our routine, and being dogs for the council became our sole purpose. No room for argument, what the council says, goes.

Eight of us, sculpted by the hands of our leaders, identity snatched and replaced by nothing. Childhood was gone, harnessed by politics and rules. Bend one rule, you got hundreds of lashings. Every mistake repented; every achievement neglected. What was important was obedience.

So, we lived by it,

And with that, came our existence.

Perhaps, the council got what they longed for so long.

Creating eight savages, in form of werewolves trained to kill, obey and bring judgement.

But...

"Did they?"

"Huh?" I looked beside me and saw the questioning gaze of Greed.

"Nothing" I murmured, I tilted my head and shook it as I erased the lingering thoughts inside my head.

But looking back at him, the figure trying to bust out the sack of sands, I couldn't help but think.

Lately, he's been different- not his usual difference but different.

"Stop staring at him" I hummed, not worried.

"Something's wrong with him" I murmured, Greed scoffed and made a face.

"Are you seriously saying that? Aren't we all fucked up in our own way? Of course, something's wrong with him, with me, with you and everyone else in this—" I tapped his mouth closed and glared. I felt him smirking and as expected slimy tongue pressed against my palm.

I sighed and let go.

"You know what I mean" He paused for a second and gave a furtive glance toward Death.

"Yeah, and I'm dying to know what"

All of us. No assassin other than Death intrigued us all.

Not because he's the most notorious, renowned, and council's top dog but because his presence alone can put you on your knees.

The man was ruled by his wolf's sense, three-fourths a wolf and a fourth human. No mission left unaccomplished; no council member left dismayed.

His wolf side overpowered his humanity. Mostly, whom we saw was his wolf, rarely did we see his human side.

Some said, he only surfaced his human side when he was at ease. But the word ease was a strange word for this place.