Chapter 14: Reunion

It's been long years, I'm sorry to those who waited, it took me 2 years?  Sometimes inspiration come and goes and there's some factors you really want to quit. Thank you to those who messaged me, you've been an inspiration booster ❤️.

The chapter is more of a filler but hopefully despite the bad editing and lousy grammar construction . Hope you enjoy it.

Enjoy loves ❤️

A bellowing sound rattled my consciousness out of its deep slumber. I jerked myself awake, body on autopilot as nerves racketing to bounding beats. The noises never ceased and my hand grabbed for the small hand my mind and soul long been recognized. Taiga’s sleepy gaze met me halfway. His head perked up from his prone position and once he saw my distressed face he lunged himself toward my outstretched arms.

“Shhh, let’s keep silent”

Despite my panicked mind, I willed myself to take a deep breath and roamed my eyes looking for Forest, I cursed silently as I saw no traces of him. 'Where is that wolf when I need him safe and near’ I thought.

I heard another loud bang and wasted no second in hefting Taiga up, scattering unto the nearest hideaway which in fact was a closet, yet before reaching it, the door banged open like a bomb.

I froze and looked back, hackles raising trying to be intimidating, the panicked yet familiar eyes of Sin met my own terrified ones.

I sighed in relief but cut short as Sin zoomed toward me in frantic. He pulled my arms and guided me toward another door.  A door leading toward the balcony and down to the ground where another stair led downward to another door. He opened it and ushered me, quite hastily. For all those time, he never said a word but his frenzied actions and labored breathing  were telling enough of the situation

"hide, there’s a danger"

Whatever it was, surely was dire when he opened the door, I was welcomed by sets of scared and young faces. Children, pregnant, females, some delicate looking males were huddled in one place seeking comfort to each other.

And alas, Forest's growly face. Trey must have put him there. Forest, trudged towards us, head bumping on my leg.

“You need to stay here Reagan, I’ll explain later. Stay here, don’t open the door unless it’s me or anyone you know. Until then, don’t open, stay silent and stay here. You hear me? Stay here Reagan” I could do nothing but nod, Sin’s face was full of terror and fear.

“Something’s happening outside and everyone is trying to do their best to solve it. But now it’s not safe to go outside. The Alpha is communicating and hopefully that’s all we need”

‘Communicating? Why? To whom?’

I had a lot of questions but Sin’s retreating form held back my thoughts, I just clutched Taiga tighter. Anchoring myself to the panic welling up inside me.

Something big was happening outside. The people around me were the vulnerable members of the pack. This place I was in was surely a hideout. To keep everybody safe, hidden and protected.

But to what? To whom?

Did my brother’s killers followed me? Did they found me?

“Hey Reagan calm down, you’re stinking the room with your fear”

Startled, I looked behind and saw the smiling face of Silver. He waved,

“Yup, I was ushered here too. Sucks to be omega”  he said with a pout albeit playfully. I scooted near him and sighed, at least I had someone I knew.