Chapter 7: Assumptions

We had some great time at the playground, seeing the children laughing and brawling on the grass had my smile stretched to a nth level. For a moment my past few days of sufferings were forgotten, traumatic experience of my brother's death and an awful encounter with creatures I thought were just myth.

Despite that, there's a fog in my head swallowing all my temporary happiness. The werewolves, my brother's lifeless eyes, my mauled leg, the fear that latched into my system- reality. The reality that I was alone, my brother's dead body rotten and decaying not even six feet underground, but on a plain sight for the hawks to eat. Everything's still a big question for me, how one night became a nightmare...I tried myself to will down those thoughts but it was hard, damn hard.

I know, this was just temporary. The help from them was a big a help, though a bit wary I was still thankful. But, it would take enough for a human to associate themselves in bunch of werewolves without over thinking the reality. Humans couldn't be with werewolves- everything in their beliefs, laws and norms didn't in lined with humans. I was human, and even if I wanted to I couldn't see myself living here for the rest of my life- unless there was enough reason to.

My safety still in question, no one just shot a gun to somebody's forehead without reason enough. Free's family had too much animosity and hatred toward us. What could be the reason and why? Why did he shot my brother?

Too much questions with no answers.

I was close to losing my mind.

"Reagan?" I snapped back my attention to Sin's now worried face and tried to smile but a shuddering breath and wet cheeks gave a tell tale of myself crying. I didn't even noticed.

I hastily wiped myself free from tears and he threw a small smile unto me. I noticed an arm draped unto his shoulders and I traced it up to where Gael's connecting face. oh, the way Sin leaned unto him gave out the truth that they're together, if they're hiding it but basing on everyone's nonchalant gazes, this was something not be surprised. Weird,I I hadn't encountered people who was same as me and I even had the decency to hide it to my brother.

"You're crying, is something bothering you? Or perhaps you're hurt? Does your wound hurts?" Sin fussed, standing to come over me but Gael's hand held him back and smiled at me,

"He's just a worry wart kid, forgive him"

"but he's crying!" Sin protested.

"And crying doesn't mean he's hurt physically Sin" the redhead interjected. I really wanted to know his name. He looked at me and smiled, probably sensing my inner question.

"I'm Fire, as weird as it was it is really my name, blame it to my shenanigans of parents. To not feel alone, I have a brother named Ice, older sisters named Air and Earth and a baby brother Snow" I gawked and just nodded, somehow that was so cool.

"Let's get you escorted to Dr. Astro's clinic" I stood and silently towed behind them. Sin giving me subtle glances probably making sure I was following. I couldn't still fathom how he cared deeply for me. He was a stranger, so was I. What was there to care?

"Everyone will come back today, hope you'll be fine in meeting new people"

I stopped on my tracks, and everyone did so. I was suddenly poured with apprehension and wariness in his news. I didn't want to meet new people. They were enough, no more. I hardly talk to people here except them, how much more if I'd meet their leader and his gang?

"They're fine Reagan"

I shook my head and he sighed, draping an arm on me which I almost flinched. He side hugged me and pulled me to the clinic.