Chapter 10: Urges

It's not always just the heart. Sometimes the mind breaks as well

The hallway was dark, enveloped with never ending shadows. A curtain of uneasiness lurking around the vast empty space of what Sin liked to call kitchen. I was tiptoeing, feet light on the floor in a way of trying to be subtle. My breathing came as fast yet silent but the prospect of my actions- beg to differ as I felt my self, sweating bullets just beneath my sweatshirt.

I left Taiga soundly asleep on our room, with Forest at the feet of the bed in his own little comfy dog bed. The wolf felt my movements as I tiptoed toward the door but stayed placid nonetheless after sensing no danger in my actions. Still, the thought of getting caught red handed made my nerves burst unto unfathomable level.

I just had to keep silent.

The party was long gone, after feeling like a displayed china doll the whole night by being passed and introduce to creatures or people per say I didn't know- I felt glee when Sin announced to end of the night. I met countless of people of the pack, be it an important one or not. The Alpha, Trey's and Braidan's father had an imposing aura of authority and intelligence yet his calm smile made me nod in his every gesture and questions. The luna, who got angry after hearing my story and Braidan's actions made herself my chauffeur as she toured me in every crooks of the pack house. To say the least, the party was a bit overwhelming.

Now, I had much more dilemma.

It started when I woke up to the television pressed against our wall playing to some children station, Taiga's doing. The said child softly snoring, totally forgetting the still showing child show. It shouldn't be a bother for me but the show playing totally caught my attention and for some reason my mouth salivated at the thought of those talking green fruit, especially if soaked with vinegar.

I couldn't understand why, instead of turning off the tv, I was caught mesmerized by the dancing fruits. I watched until it's finished and hesitantly turned off the device. But the thought of eating the fruit still lingered in my mind. My taste buds kept on salivating and knowing that perhaps the kitchen had probably store those fruits, I made my mind.

Here I was sneaking at the middle of the night, just for the sake of satisfying my urges.

I wanted pickles.

Blind eye with nothing to see, I kept on stumbling and tripping. Using my hands as support I tried my best to stay silent. Engraving the direction in my mind, I made my way to the kitchen. Caught between turning on or not the lights, I settled on the dark, better than getting caught. Hopefully, they had pickles, or this secret rendezvous of mine would be useless. I tiptoed at the hanging drawer and opened it, due to the moonlight reflecting from the glass window I could see some bottle jar. I almost screeched at delight as I read the content, pickles

My mouth salivated, I gingerly picked the jar and sat on the floor. I opened it and was greeted by the sour odor of vinegar, instead of cringing- I smiled.

Picking one, I hummed as I took a bite.

Ah heaven, munching silently I didn't notice the incoming footsteps.

Suddenly, light flooded inside the kitchen and for a moment I froze mid bite. Eyes wide and startled, I crouched deeply in the corner I happened to sit by.

Standing at the door, with a startled face was no other than Braidan.

"Holy shit! You fucking scared me!" he exclaimed in surprise. I stayed silent and gulped the remaining food in my mouth. He saw the jar at my hand and frowned. He took a step and if possible I shrunk further in my position.