Chapter 12: Gluttony

I usually type my story in my phone as it was more accessible than the computer. So bear with the typo stuffs.

(Short Chapter)

———

A looming aura oozed from the dying night. Seconds from midnight, the moon hung high up on the sky, clouds dispersing making a ring like shape around the moon. Such a scene to see that could put glee on someone's face.

But somehow, it didn't ease the tension shouldering my entire being.

The looming aura was theoretically made by my mind as I recalled my plan for tonight. Everything's packed up, and what only left was my determination.

Tonight, I have to go or rather we have to go.

We couldn't stay here forever, now that cat's out of the bag- my safety wasn't the priority right now.

Dozens of people, a pack to be exact endangering themselves for someone who cost nothing but a baggage.

It was tough, knowing I had Taiga in me but the weigh of the said assassins to target the pack due to my involvement as rogue was too heavy to ignore. They had done too much already for me, I was fine now, going on my own was a task I could handle.

Caressing the small bump on my belly, stuttered my determination. Believing I was pregnant was too bizarre for my reality. The proof was growing though, enough that I couldn't deny.

"Da?"

I snapped my attention at the small kid who almost resembled me. As what the others said, Taiga was too much of my replica to deny that I had him. But no, I found him in the forest- alone, scared and scarred.

His bright hair of platinum swayed by the midnight breeze, eyes of golden still drowsy with sleep, impish nose that resembled my brother and same pouty lips that I had. To think of it, he could pass as my kid.

"Hmm" I hummed as I crouched at front of him. He slumped at me gracelessly and snuggled, pressing his face at the crook of my neck.

"S'eepy" he murmured against my neck. I hoisted him properly and walked toward our bed.

" I know, but we have to go and remember no noise" He nodded as much as a three year old could understand- if he really was a three year old.

I whistled for Forest and the wolf, emerged from the darkness unto my feet, curling like a snake.

Tonight, we'll go. Find the cabin. Find civilization. Start anew.

And if destiny would favor,

-find Coco.

————

Trudging inside the dark forest with only the moon as our source of lighting was too much harder than I originally thought. Sneaking was far better and successful with everyone dead asleep. Forest was an effective compass, whenever he heard someone approaching he'd stop and nudged my leg with his snout to the opposite direction. Taiga, sound asleep in my arms with our belongings in my other one.

Walking was still a bit of a chore but manageable while my arm was starting to tingle from exhaustion. No time for stops though, I was aiming until the sun graced its presence before we found shelter. I couldn't risk getting found by them.

A scrunch was heard and Forest froze, I did it a minute after when the noise never ceased. Not false alarm or something.

Trudging footsteps coming and they didn't plan to be subtle.