Chapter 7 - 3 meters!!?

Louis waited for an answer from the other side of the line, his heart beating faster than usual.

It took a few seconds before he heard Harold say: "I've been busy recently."

Louis: "Then, tell me when you are free."

Harold: "I'll see."

Louis: "I'm fine with eating breakfast too."

Harold: "Mm."

Louis: "Well... tell me a day in advance, I'll tidy myself up."

He seemed to hear a little smile in Harold's voice: "Mm."

Louis: "Then I won't disturb you while you're working anymore. I'm going to the library."

From that day on, Louis would remind Harold from time to time in a roundabout fashion that they had a meal to eat. For example, when he was in university in the afternoon, he would ask Harold: Have you had lunch? Or when he left university in the evening, he would also send a message to Harold: Have you gotten off work? I haven't had dinner yet.

Harold's reply was either that he had already eaten or that he had something else to do, and Louis realised that he was not at university every weekday. Sometimes Distance showed that the distance between them was several hundred meters, and sometimes it was a little more than ten kilometers.

When Sunday came, Zayn had already left, and Louis was alone at home. Seeing that the current distance between him and Harold was 4.8 kilometers, he sent a message asking: You didn't go out today?

Seeing that Harold didn't reply, Louis took another picture of the dish he had made himself and sent it over, tempting Harold: I made mushroom grilled fish, do you want to come over and eat?

It was a long time before Harold replied: I made sweet and sour pork ribs.

Louis Shuang replied: Send a picture?

Harold: [Picture]

Louis Shuang sent a voice call request and said, "Why not I packet grilled fish to your house."

"I'm already eating."

"Are you afraid of meeting up? I don't dislike that you're... cough, old."

Harold smiled and said, "Why the rush?"

Louis said, "I want to see you. Why don't... we do a video call?"

Harold said, "No."

Louis said, "You always reject me like this, watch out for when I camp outside the door of your LRM department."

"You can try."

"Forget it, I'm scared I'll run into your boss. And I don't know what you look like."

"Aren't you taking his class?"

"Seeing him twice a week is the limit. Now that I'm thinking about how I have to see him tomorrow, I feel like I'm going to get nightmares tonight. Hey let's not talk about him anymore. When can I invite this old man out for a meal? "

"I've been slightly busier recently."

"Busy making sweet and sour pork ribs at home."

This time, Harold really did smile a little, saying, "That's some strong resentment."

Resentment?

Strong?

Louis did not admit it, and replied, "I'm telling the truth."