012: plagues

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

CHAPTER TWELVE OF TWENTY

❝ PLAGUES ❞

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"WAS IT WONDERFUL, DARLING?" Eros had asked, foregoing his usual sugar-sweet tone of voice. His long fingers were interlocked with (Name)'s digits. She had emerged from the theatre, Other Miss Spink and Forcible's apartment, all smiles and excitement.

"Oh, Eros!" she exclaimed, joy and exhilaration evident in her tone, just like she'd gotten off a thrilling rollercoaster, "I didn't know or expect for them to grab me out of my seat and send me flying through the air! Oh...it was magical! Thank you...so much!".

Eros swallowed his doubt. He just smiled at his darling wife. She was growing more and more fond of him each time she'd visit. Now it was time. "You do like it here...don't you, my doll?" he asked her, in a rather serious tone, which was unusual for him.

(Name) wore a frown on her face, eyebrows furrowed. "Yes...of course, I do..." she said, as they entered the pink-painted home in the parallel world, "Why wouldn't I? This place is wonderful! It's changed my life...just like you have, Eros,".

"You know...you could stay here...forever," he mentioned, oh so casually, "If you want to, my darling,".

(Name)'s eyes lit up. Forever? It seemed like a long time. The question reeled in her mind. Would you be willing to give up your life and marriage that had only started to get better to stay in a parallel world? She didn't know. "Really?" she'd questioned as Eros guided her into the dining room.

(Name) sat at the head of the table, whilst Eros stood next to her. "Of course!" he said, tone suddenly perking up with happiness, "We could go out on dates every single night, do gardening, read together, I could make your favourite meals, we could watch your favourite TV shows and films. Everything you ever wanted...and more,".

"However...there is one thing I need to do beforehand...".

He struck a good bargain. She'd admit that silently. He exited the dining room, and walked into the kitchen, coming back into the dining room with a small box in his hands. It was hexagon-shaped with a pink ribbon tied around it, clashing against green and black stripes.

"For you...my little doll~". Eros removed the lid from the box and what was inside made her want to throw up.

There was a sinister, daunting-looking pair of black buttons resting in the box, complete with a spool of black thread and a sharp-looking, silver needle. Sweat began to bead at her forehead. She could have it all...all she needed to do was let him sew buttons into her eyes...it was so fucked up. She recalled the warning given to her by Leela and the cat.

You probably think this world is a dream come true. But you're wrong.

How foolish she had been. She looked up at Eros, hoping it was just a joke. Eros just smiled at her. "Black is traditional...of course," he'd casually mentioned, "But if you'd prefer pink...or vermillion...or chartreuse. Maybe even (favourite colour). Though...you might make me jealous-".