Chapter; 44

Jungkook had an unexplained coil of his stomach, the weird sensations under his feet, the barely there thumping of his chest

Jungkook had an unexplained coil of his stomach, the weird sensations under his feet, the barely there thumping of his chest. He had to do it tonight.

Jungkook walked up to the door with heavy feet, not even anticipating an even greater weight to hit him until he sees the person behind it. Jungkook arrived at Taehyung's front door twenty minutes later than his usual arrival time and rang the doorbell. A chime echoed through the glass building as he waited for the door to open. His partner took a little longer than usual and he wondered whether he had interrupted him doing something. There was a jingling sound as Taehyung keys turned in the lock and they opened the door, and smiled widely, as he opened up the door.

"Thought I was going to start dinner without you," Taehyung said, with a chuckle. He was wearing a pair of grey Nike sweatpants and a plain black T-shirt. His feet were bare against the modern floor of his penthouse. Taehyung stood aside to let him into the hallway and closed the front door behind him.

''Was practice longer today? You didn't phone me today. How was it?'' Taehyung asked, locking his door. '' Did you get something to eat, if not, I can cook you up something real quick before getting started on our main dinner," Taehyung blabbered as Jungkook came into the main entrance of his house and took off his jacket, he doesn't say anything or look at his boyfriend for a while as he did that.

"I had enough to eat and practice was fine, I guess.'' Jungkook turned around to face him. ''And I'm sorry, my phone ran out of battery." His reply came out dry but without the usual warmth which would accompany such a deadpan statement. The lie came out easily, disguising the fact that Jungkook had purposely forgotten to phone him after what he did when his practice was over. The penthouse felt warm and cozy, a comforting contrast to the cold air outside. It had been slightly warmer in Seoul today, which was nice.

''That's okay, baby. I was just wondering. I'm glad your manager isn't giving you hard time.'' Taehyung said with a tight smile, though he could have sworn that Jungkook sounded both tired and a little irritated. He shook his head at Jungkook's reply, took a step towards him, and reached for his waist, pulling him gently in with both hands until their hips connected.

Jungkook just awkwardly stands there, not sure where to put his hands but instead ran a hand through his brown locks. The actor could see that his hair was visibly tangled at the ends from the long practice, pressure, and dieting that he was put under, and his clothes were slightly undone and untucked.

''Are y-''

''Can I go shower?'' Jungkook cut him off with a sigh as his fingers found themselves hooked around a particularly nasty knot. Uplifting his smile, Taehyung spoke. "You don't have to ask." He said warmly, stroking Jungkook's side. Jungkook was still against him, the dark circles under his eyes a little more obvious up close.

"I feel really gross." Jungkook whines. Taehyung's smile widened at that. "You smell really gross." Taehyung joked as his hands caressed his waist through his sweatshirt. ''No offense, my darling.''