Chapter 11

Theo POV

It was 7:05 am and she was still not here.

Why the hell is she not here?

Something is wrong. I know that. I’ve had a weird feeling ever since she went back to her house yesterday. I knew that Noah could feel it too, but he kept calm because of me.

“Calm down, Theo.” Liam said. “She is just 5 minutes late. It’s not that big of a deal.”

“Something is wrong.” I said as I glared through the car window.

“If she doesn’t come in the next 10 minutes, we will drive to her house.” Liam said, looking at me through the rearview mirror. “I have her address.”

“We should go now.” I said, bouncing my leg up and down.

“Theo.” Noah said and placed his hand on my bouncing leg. “Calm down, please.”

I looked at him. He was as nervous as I was, but he was much better at hiding it. I wanted to protest, but Ezra interrupted me.

“There she is.” he said, relief evident in his voice.

I jumped out of the car and ran toward her. She smiled when she saw me, and my heart skipped a beat. I grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug.

“I was so worried.” I mumbled into her hair. “Why are you late?”

“I slept in.” she said, pulling away from me. “And I’m not that late.”

I heard the rest of our brothers approach us.

“Hey, love.” Liam said as he pulled her into a hug.

“Hey, Liam.” she said and hugged him back.

“Why were you late?” Noah asked her, twirling a strand of her hair through his fingers.

“I slept in.” she explained to them.

“Maybe you could give us your phone number?” Ezra said. “If something like this happens again, we would like to know. Theo was going crazy.”

Lucy looked at me and then down at the ground. She mumbled something I couldn’t hear.

“Can you repeat that, love?” Liam said. “We couldn’t hear you.”

“I don’t have a phone.” she said a little bit louder, still looking down at the ground.

I looked at my brothers and we all had the same look on our faces. Confusion.

How come she doesn’t have a phone? Why? Did that fucker forbid her from having one? Did he take it from her? Everybody has a phone. We even use it in school sometimes. Not to mention all the group chats about homework and assignments.

“Hey, it’s okay, honey.” Ezra broke the silence and lifted her head so she would look at him. “We will get you a phone, but until we do, you can use mine.”

“No.” she shook her head. “I don’t want to break it.”

“You won’t.” Ezra said, taking his phone out of his pocket. “Even if you do, it won’t matter.”

“No, Ezra, I can’t.” Lucy said, shaking her head and stepping away. “Besides, you should get custody of me soon, right? I won’t need to use the phone.”

She looked at Liam with a mixture of panic and hope. Why was she panicking? Does she think Liam won’t get custody?

“That’s right, love.” Liam said, noticing the panic in her eyes. “You don’t need to take it if you don’t want to. But I’m buying you a phone once you move in with us.”