Chapter 32

Lucy POV

“Okay, kid, your ribs look great.” Nate said with a small smile as he wrote something down in his notebook.

I smiled and put my shirt back down.

“Are you in any pain?” he asked me, not looking up.

“Not really.” I shook my head. “There is some discomfort, but not pain.”

“That’s to be expected.” Nate nodded.

“Can I go for a walk?” I asked him, hopeful.

“No.” Theo said sternly.

He was sitting next to me on the couch, scrolling through his phone. He didn’t even look up.

“Speaking from a medical point of view, you can.” Nate said. “Your cuts healed nicely, and your ribs look great. You would even benefit from a small exercise.”

“Did you hear that, Theo?” I asked, turning my head to look at him. “I would benefit from it.”

“That’s not a good enough reason.” he said, his eyes still glued to his phone. “There is a treadmill in the gym. You can walk there.”

“Noah.” I whined, looking at my other brother.

I really wanted to leave the house. I would lose my mind if I didn’t leave soon.

Noah sighed and leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees and looking at Theo.

“Come on, Theo.” Noah said. “She won’t be going alone. We will both go. Reece will go. She will be okay.”

Reece was my bodyguard. He was a tall man in his mid thirties, with a stern look and huge muscles. He called me Miss Ferri and refused to call me Lucy, no matter how many times I begged him to.

Theo looked up at him. “It’s too dangerous.”

“They would be crazy to try anything with the two of you and her bodyguard around.” Nate said, putting his notebook away.

Theo opened his mouth to speak, but he was interrupted when Liam and Ezra entered the room.

“How is she, Nate?” Liam asked immediately.

Ezra walked over to me and kissed the top of my head. I smiled up at him.

“She is great.” Nate said and smiled. “The cuts healed nicely. Her ribs are still a bit bruised and she will have to continue wearing the rib brace, but she is doing great.”

“That’s so good to hear, honey.” Ezra said, giving me a small smile.

I smiled back at him and looked at Liam. “Can I go outside today?”

“Lucy.” Theo said, looking up at me and giving me a warning glare.

“You can’t keep her here, Theo.” Noah sighed. “She will be okay.”

“You can go, love.” Liam said, smiling. “But your brothers and Reece have to go with you. You can’t leave them for a second.”

A huge smile spread across my face. Theo looked at Liam in disbelief. Ezra, Noah, and Nate smirked, waiting for Theo’s reaction.

“Liam!” Theo shouted. “It’s not safe!”

“She can’t be locked in this house forever, Theo.” Liam sighed. “It’s not safe for her to go alone. It’s safe for her to go with you and Reece.”

“If something happens...” Theo said, clenching his fists.

“Nothing will happen, Theo.” Ezra interrupted him. “It’s just a walk around the neighborhood.”