First Daisies

...

It's common for little children to get pretty sunflowers all over their knees and hands all the time while they're young, and they brag about them to their moms at how pretty they strangely are. They like to stare at these pretty tingling sunflowers form on their skin with amazed eyes.

These flowers feel like little finger taps and when they get such feeling they stop doing whatever they're doing so they can watch them form over their pretty skin.

One boy in particular, sits atop the kitchen counter, he's just a little toddler and has just leaned what soulmates are from him mama.

His mother strangely doesn't get flowers on her skin anymore, that being since his father died when he was little. He doesn't have siblings, his mother didn't marry again, he doesn't have friends still since he starts school in a few weeks, he only has his mama, and she loves him the most.

"Mommy, another sh-unflower!"-The little boy giggled.-"They tripped again mommy."

His mother who was preparing him a jam toast wiped her hands with a dishtowel and went over to her sons.-"Where baby?"

He held out his hand to show her his palm.-"Here!"

A little sunflower the size of a bean had formed on the soft part of the tiny palm. His mother smiled.-"Yes, they tripped again."

"They do this everyday, it's second time today."-The toddler said concerned.

"Oh my Lou, maybe they're still a toddler, babies fall a lot when they're learning how to walk properly."-His mother said holding his cheek.

"What if they're crying mommy?"-Lou baby said holding back his own tears.

"No Boo, don't cry, they're not alone okay, they probably have a mommy and daddy too, and when they're hurt you need to stay strong for them! See...the little sunflower is fading again, means the pain is easing."-She said holding his palm on her soft warm hand.

"I-I...that was faster than this one!"-He said giggling cheerfully as he showed his mother a large bunch of sunflowers on his knee, that didn't seem to be fading any time soon.

His mother facepalmed.-"That kid..."-She sighted and placed the jam toast in front of him.

Louis had gotten his first flower when he was three and a half years old, it had been one on the knee, and it was tiny, his mother had kept track of the little flowers and now she could easily tell Louis, that his soulmate was born something around two to three years after him.

It wasn't a secret in their household that this little soulmate had gotten themselves in a lot of clumsy trouble. Louis once even got a sunflower on his face, and she was too concerned to tell him till it faded without him looking at himself in the mirror. He'd get emotional, since he was still little and he thought his soulmate was battling wars to be getting so many bruises and scratches.

At his first day of school, Louis wore his red and white uniform and kissed his mother at the door as he entered his classroom.

He took a place near the windows and sat down, he had been staring at a baby sunflower on the side of his elbow when a girl with puffy brown hair and a pretty smile sat near him. She had a darker skin complex and her eyes were soft like hazels.-"Hi, can I sit here?"-She said straightforwardly.

Louis nodded and went back to looking at his little sunflower. Wondering how and what the hell happened for this to form at such angle, it had been there for days now, and it didn't seem to be anywhere near fading.