Golden Hurt

...

Growing up was the hardest part. Louis and his best friend Ivy, now roamed the streets of Donny rolling on their skateboards or roller skates, and their skin was littered in all kinds of scratches. They'd get them daily, and laugh at how their own soulmates probably thought they where probably doing reckless stuff.

They where doing reckless stuff.

Ivy had just shaved her hair completely, and Louis had started to grow his own out a little. They'd do the bare minimum at school, and outside of it, they'd spend their afternoons with their friends playing games at the football grounds or skating roads.

They had just gotten their first permanent tattoos, on their ankles, matching each other's, and they would brag about them at every person at their high school whose parents didn't let them have them.

Alongside their tattoos they had started getting permanent flowers on their skin.

Louis had gotten a Golden Daffodil on his shin, and had laughed with Ivy about how he thinks his soulmate probably got it falling off a bike or because he hit themselves with something. He had a few other lines of scars made by flowers mostly sunflowers and golden daffodils that his soulmate probably had gotten while being the clumsy person they are.

Ivy had gotten a large permanent sunflower on her thigh, and was getting even more concerned about her soulmate again.

But out of his friends , Louis had the most permanent and fading ones.

"They're supposed to be like 13-14 now. Isn't that strange?"-Louis said as he smoked a cigarette with Ivy sitting on the sides of a skating park.

"And we're like 16 now...god they're so little. Mine is  older, mom said I had a sunflower on me when I was only one month old."

"They could be 30 now."-Louis joked making Ivy give him a push.-"Ouch, sorry, but they could!"

"I know!!! And it's scary!"-Ivy complained fixing her leather jacket. Her buzz cut hair looked pretty and made her look bad ass.

"At least you'll know how to find them, they have a huge circular scar on their leg and a missing toe."

"You know how many people are missing a toe in England Lou?"

"How many?"

"One thousand and five hundred and fifteen people!"-Ivy recited.-"I did a ground braking research and yeah...one thousand and five hundred and fifteen people, I'll never find them! Can't keep asking do you miss a toe on every date I go to like a lunatic!"

"Well that's a better chance than seven billion people I'm up against with...sometimes I think I'll probably just never find them."-Louis said and threw away his cig, letting out the last of his smoke.-"Should probably start dating someone soon."

Ivy nodded.-"Same, can't just wait here forever."-Throwing away hers and getting his skates ready to roll a little.

Louis was fixing a wheel of his skateboard when they head a faint cry. A boy had pinned a little girl and had taken her skates. He and his little group where known for being the grounds bullies.

Ivy stood behind him.-"We should tell someone."

"No, I'll handle it, wait here."-Louis said and gave her his skateboard.