Review the Situation

Back in the Control Room, and as JJ entered from setting up a temporary generator, soaked from head to toe wearing his yellow Jurassic Park raincoat, he sighed tiredly.

He peeled it off, rung out one of the sleeves into the sink and slung the dripping garment onto the coat stand.

Stevie smiled smugly, like a cat curled next to a warm fire.

She sat on the arm chair, her legs slung over one of the arms.

She was bone dry.

Before she did anything else, she inspected her ebony hair vainly in a small heart shaped mirror in her left hand.

Birds nest was an under statement!

Brushing her long black hair roughly over one shoulder, a loud bleep switched on the computer screen.

As JJ went to dry off, she put her hair up into a pony tail at the back of her head. A envelope popped into the screen and opened to reveal a message from Ebbie.

20 staff members present in offices, all other minor members left on last boat and some others scattered around the park. See you soon. Ebbie x

"JJ! ... JJ!" She hollered from the next room. "We've got a message from Ebbie!"

"What's is it?" He said, rubbing his drenched short brown hair with a towel.

She read out the message before asked what they should do. JJ thought deeply for several minutes on what action should be taken. Stevie waited impatiently for his answer, glaring at the back of his head in boredom and frustration.

"Stevie ring Beth," He decided. "We'll meet at the Vet Surgery, I have a plan." Heading towards the door, as Stevie put the phone down, he gave one last instruction to his deputy.

"Make sure as many of the staff as they can meet there so we can get an idea of what we are dealing with." And with that, they left during a break from the torrential onslaught of rain.

The sun peeped its head over the horizon and signalled the end of a rough night for the survivors of the helicopter crash.

After a long and treacherous night of walking, an exhausted Bryony had slept in the high bow of a colossal tree, her limbs hanging lazily from the branch.

Alexa had stood watch all night, kept awake by the constant dinosaurs alarm calls from the ominous jungle.

Kurt meanwhile had slept on the ground his leg, wrapped in fabric strips to stem the blood flow.

Alexa had been worried all night.

The smell of fresh blood would have wafted on the strong winds of the previous night and if a carnivores sense of smell was better than a herbivores, their position would be now known all over the island by now.

The baby Maiasaura spent a peaceful night in Alexa's rucksack suspended from a branch, next to Bryony's. She could just about see his head snuggled under the flap which covered the sleeping baby.

She opened the bag to inspect the inhabitant. He leapt out licking her face happily like an excited Jack Russell. Alexa smiled at the youngster who curled up in her arms as she bottled fed him some formula milk.

Bryony finally awoke, nearly falling after forgetting she was half way up a tree. She stretched, clambered down and dusted herself off from the impact.

Kurt also began to stir, his wounded leg throbbed beneath numerous strips of fabric and bandages stained in dried blood.

Alexa stood up on the outcrop of the hill. "Look!, Bryony! Look!" She nudged her friend, jabbing her sharply with her elbow.