The Oncoming Storm

The storm was now fully overhead, sealing out the last cracks of light in the quickly disappearing sky and swirling meanacingly above the now silent park except for the piercingly cold wind.

JJ's jeep was now abandoned outside his office and he was locked up inside away from the heavy downpours and sharp winds. On the huge screen of the Mac ,he could see all of the 15 main dinosaur enclosure security cameras. Across the 22 inch screen he could see barely any thing as more and more updates from the trackers came in.

'All animals accounted for: Inside Shelter'.

Species :Parasaurolophus walkeri.

Adults:10 individuals (2 males,8 females).

Juveniles: 6 individuals (3 males,3 females)

This result soon became common across the park as yet more pop-ups invaded the screen, relaying information JJ already knew.Paddock after paddock, the same details drilled into his mind.

'All animals accounted for: Inside Shelter'.

Species :Triceratops horridus.

Adults:11 individuals (1 male, 10 females).

Juveniles: 4 individuals (1 male,3 females)

He grunted in annoyance as yet more reports flooded in to warn him of sleeping or otherwise stationary animals. After 10 minutes of mindless buzzing the computer became silent as JJ began to dial the phone punching the keys in frustration. He rang the ranger office to see if they had any other case notes to type up but the phone made no noise at all.

The usual background static was dead. Utter Silence.

He put the phone back, slapping it back on to the base unit.

He growled, irritated by the broken technology. Swiping the screen of his phone, he scrolled through his contacts. Coming to 'E', he slowed down before selecting a person's number.

'Calling Ebbie ....'

The phone rang for three repetitive sounds, droning at the back of JJ's tired head."Hello," the voice answered.

"Hi Ebbie, it's JJ, Just wondering, Do you know why the phones are down?

"I'm sorry JJ but I really haven't a clue, I've got staff marooned all over the island," She explained. "The plan is to head the control room, Kurt's out in the chopper he's gone up to the Research Centre and the Field Hospital 'cos they're the furthest out,"

A sound bleeped at the other end of the phone.

" I have to go JJ, got another call, go to the control room and get as many people as you can"

The phone suddenly fell silent as Ebbie's voice vanished from the end of the phone.

His office became soundless, the only noise, the whistling wind passing the window.

Alexa stared aimlessly into the rain twiddling a strand of her red hair.

Visibility was bad falling fast, with the lightening outlining numerous shapes outside.Sitting on the step outside of her office, she stared back at her coat.

'Damn'.

Her coat was a soft furry material which would definitely not be suitable for the terrifying onslaught of rain.Sighing,she returned her attention to the door way.

Knowing she had to do something constuctive, she forced herself up from the step and ambled over to the kitchen area. She checked the incubator as she passed, gazing into the tiny window to make sure the eggs inside were OK.