Breakout in Sector 1

The day turned to night and within hours the park was at the dusk, the brink of twilight.The gates of the park sealed as the last visitors scuttled out and the final chopper left, vanishing over the cloudy horizon. For the mothers of Nursery Creek, the day was done, their offspring were asleep and it was time for them to retire as well. Many were now awaiting dawn,keeping a strict vigil in the doorways of the tiny huts to protect the entrance while others had bedded down in soft, comfortable hay with their young close to them for the night.

A vile storm was brewing overhead bearing down on the park with a cruel and unforgiving face. Lightening thrashed overhead, slashing across the murky sky, thunder rumbling ominously as the dinosaurs wandered towards shelter for the night, wary of the activity above.In a sudden rupture in the clouds, the heavens opened, unleashing a torrential onslaught of rain.  Despite the horrific conditions, JJ still had to complete his evening rounds. All seemed to be well except for some discomfort from the newly released mother Triceratops and her baby which was to be expected after their move. Sporting a vibrant yellow Jurassic Park patented rain coat to protect him against the relentless showers, he closed the door along with assistance from several other soaked keepers, along with grateful bellows from the Corythosaurs as they settled indoors comforted from the pouring rain outside."Ok that's it everyone! Head to your offices or any shelter you can find. There's no boat due to this." he said,pointing to the blackened sky. As the staff dispersed, each heading for a different building, JJ returned to the control room to meet with Stevie, his hood forced over his soggy head.

"They're all going in," Stevie called to JJ as he entered shaking his body like a wet dog. The computer screen was now sliding through each individual camera on the CCTV. On one, the Parasaurs were trudging towards their shelter in the forceful rain, the babies scampering ahead with the adults following intently. Male Jake and James brought up the rear, searching the paddock thoroughly for any stragglers. Jake bellowed deeply to look for slow movers like a rutting elk. A weak, contrasting call echoed through the darkness as a tiny female scuttled into view. James picked her up by the scruff of her neck and broke into a strong run  with Jake following behind as the rain became increasingly heavy.

The more of the screens they looked through, the less dinosaurs the saw as most left for shelter but as they came to the Rex paddock,Stevie immediately sensed something was wrong. She gasped, covering her mouth and stood up pushing the chair away. "JJ ... "she trembled. "Look ... "she pointed to  a section of fence "There's a gap!"

- - - -

Holly was finishing up at the surgery, gently wiping down and sterilising the surfaces, singing softly to Katy Perry on her iPod tucked into her pocket. She gently hummed and lip synced to the tune, dancing around the surgery in the eerie silence. She closed a draw and ducked as another clash of thunder ripped through the air. God, that storms getting rough. Head nurse Suzanne was in her office, keys rapidly clicking away. She leant around the door, curiously.

"Hol?"
"Yeah ?"replied Holly,continuing to wipe down the operating table.
"I'm going now,do you wanna hitch a lift?"
"Sure, Let me wash." she doused her hands in cold water before drying them.
She switched her iPod off, dropping it into her rucksack. Suzanne switched off the lights before opening the door to the pouring rain. Holly quickly followed but bumped into Susanne's back.

"What did you do that for." Holly questioned, impatiently and muffled her own scream as her and Suzanne stared out into the murky night.

Trudging through the rain was the male Tyrannosaur sniffing the ground instinctively and staring out from the dark, eye to eye with Holly and Suzanne. It sniffed Holly's hair curiously, her purple fringe reaching out towards the dinosaur before sniffing the dinosaur blood splatter on Suzanne's coat from earlier in the day. In a sudden movement it lunged at her, scraping her coat ripping down in with a large scar. She froze in fear, her features statue like. Holly bravely pushed her out of the way as the Rex plunged its front teeth into her arm.She let out a fearful scream in pain as Suzanne slammed the Surgery door and Holly staggered back onto the floor, blood on her sleeve and writing in pain. Suzanne put down her coat and wrapped Holly's arm into a bandage and sling she found in the supply cupboard.The blood soaked into the fabric staining it a crimson red. Tears streamed down Holly's face as she hyperventilated, her chest rising and falling rapidly.
"I need to warn JJ." She gasped, reaching for her Blackberry. Her fingers rapidly tapped the keys and dashing across the qwerty keyboard. She gave a sigh of relief as the text disappeared from the screen