The Pitter-Patter of Tiny Feet

The Parasaur gave yet another honking cry in pain as she began to have her second egg. The first was now out and in a nest in the hut in her paddock in Maternity creek. Sliding out slowly covered in sticky slime, the second egg was a dappled cream and green in colour.

As the dinosaur crouched over her nest, she gave a long bellowing call which many of the other mothers answered to. She then turned around to nuzzle her new eggs which were now sitting comfortably in a matt of sticks and leaves. She then aimed a defensive bellow at the staff who backed away slowly.

The maternal instincts had kicked in. Her babies were now with their new mother.

"Another successful birth, hey Stevie." he commented "These dinos are having babies left, right and centre"

"It must be the hot weather we've been having, makes the males excitable to say the least!" Stevie replied jokingly

JJ chuckled as he hopped in to his cart and slowly drove to the Rex paddock for the feeding show.

Several days later and Lucy's babies were now tiny hatchlings she cradled in them against her tightly. As the staff expected, she was being extremely protective but that was to be expected from a first time mother. They were small and a dappled brown in colour, with a long darker strip of brown running down their short backs. 

At the moment they were exploring wandering around before returning to Mum for guidance.

The Edmontosaurus from earlier had also had her eggs, two babies slept inside blissfully unaware of the chaos outside as their mother guarded the doorway, munching on some paleo hay as she did.

But a new arrival in the apposing dinosaur paddock was also raising the profile of the park.

Months of speculation around the Rex couples baby had circulated the park for a long time with many questions being asked.

What was the baby going to be called? How big was it ? 

Where was it?

All of these questions were being answered today at the Rex feeding session where the baby was being encouraged to feed with the adults in view of the public

A large crowd had now gathered, clustering around a section of fence opposing an entire cow carcass. In sudden announcement through the speakers, the public were asked to be quiet while the keepers released the dinosaurs so the baby would not be frightened.

Sure enough, the male entered the clearing first, pacing the fence and sizing himself up against the huge group that lined the fence. His nostrils flared as the visitors gasped in anticipation. The mother soon followed her huge footsteps echoing and her feet hidden in a dense layer of ferns before the short grass of the clearing.The male and female tyrannosaurs then rubbed noses gently almost alien to the public who pictured T.rex as vicious blood-thirsty killers.

The female then grunted softly before repeating it loudly. There was a rustling in the ferns before a tiny face appeared in the grass.The little brown baby stared at the silent crowd before squeaking confidently.The public then began to take pictures and murmur quietly as the proud parents joined the baby gently touching him with their noses.

They then returned to the carcass and began to eat, cruching loudly through the bone.

The male gave a defiant roar which echoed across the park.