Clash of the Titans

Alexa glanced at her watch.

2:45 am

She thought 'How could I still be awake at this time? And without coffee!'

She rubbed her eyes before looking quickly to the passenger seat. The Maiasaur was asleep, quietly snoring with a gentle purr, his tiny white underbelly slowly rising and falling.

She sighed.

At least someone was getting some shut-eye.

Returning her gaze to the road, she took a sudden in take of breath as the truck jolted to an abrupt halt. The baby slid off accidentally still sleeping and landed at the foot of the seat, sitting up suddenly from interrupted slumber.

A huge tree lay across the road,it's branches silhouetted across the darkened road and the bonnet of the rusty red truck. It lay on a diagonal on the yellowish track ,obstructing both Alexa's path and view.

The baby squeaked in frustration as it fumbled between the leaves of the fallen tree, joyfully playing oblivious to the problems facing Alexa.

She had one choice. It was not the wisest of ideas in a park with dinosaurs running wild.

Continue to the Research Centre on foot.

She hauled her backpack from the back of the truck keeping a watchful eye on the ever curious baby.

"C'mon." She said encouraging the youngster forward . The little dinosaur hopped into her bag before settling down to sleep. Alexa switched on her torch, took a deep breath and clambered over the tree.

After walking for nearly an hour along dimly lit paths, she could feel her eyelids closing.

She craved sleep.

But Alexa knew the only way she could get help was to reach the Research Centre which was now silhouetted on a outcropping hill.

She began to close her eyes, her eyelids weighing down, beginning to shut.

A loud honk interrupted her day dream, making her look around frantically.

It was loud. It seemed close.

Unbelievably close.

There was no paddock for a good few minutes walk away. There was no way any dinosaurs could be here. They would have to had walk miles.

She was wrong.

There infront of her,grazing in the centre of a grassy glade was the Charonosaurus herd calmly congregating under the pristine shine of a full moon high in the dark sky. They all grunted and honked calmly in the midst of long grasses.

The whole herd to Alexa's knowledge consisted of one huge alpha male which Stevie called Tex, 9 mature females and two sets of highly rare twins.

From her position, she couldn't see the four babies. She assumed they would be asleep in the high grass probably protected by their mothers legs.

Then she remembered.

Yasmin.

Yasmin was a 7 year old female who was rescued from Pena-Jiira, Jurassic Parks Site B. Site B is a huge island over double the size of the park's island and has over 29 species of dinosaur.

During an intense monsoon season, heavy rain battered Site B for nearly three months causing most of the rivers and the lake on the islands to burst their banks. Many dinosaurs had to be rescued from the island. Most recovered and were rehabilitated before returning to Pena-Jiira within a matter of months.