Chapter 19

Hello! I finally got to see Bajirao Mastani after seven years of its release 🙈. But then I never liked how he cheated on his wife, that is a story for another time. Why am I mentioning this all of a sudden?

Because watching that movie made me write this chapter. Hope it is not too influenced by the movie.

*_*_*

They say not all things are said. Some need to be felt and understood.

Mehek was laid in the middle of her bed surrounded by open windows and her speaker playing her favourite songs. The wind had been graceful enough to bless her with breeze. In short it was a weather fit to relax.

As the beautician had informed she needed a stress free life at the moment to get rid of those dark circles and frown lines, her mother Sunita, like always with a proactive approach asked Mehek of something as soon as they reached home.

" Mehek beta?"

" Yes, mom!"

All the other family members who were about to go inside their respective rooms to rest, stayed back, they thought she might give them the next day's task but what she said was really astonishing.

" Beta, where will you practice after marriage?"

" Mumbai. I have not decided where but Jigar had said something about working at their set up or the place where he works."

Sunita nodded, " Wil you continue working here as well?"

" I may visit at the weekends...", She spoke.

" But that is not possible in the initial days, right. So I suggest that you take a few days leave from the hospital or rather resign and then join back when you are free enough for weekend visits."

Mehek's mouth opened and closed. She was lost for words whereas her father's voice boomed aloud in the living room, " Sunita! Mehek is adult enough to decide when she has to resign and when she doesn't have to. Just because she has stress lines you can't do this to the girl. She has invested her life into this position at work!"

Mehek's eyes filled with tears when she heard her father. He was at least supporting her at some aspect but this time her mother was not wrong.

" Mom, you are right. I have elective surgeries scheduled upto next week. I can't completely resign but I will limit my time in hospital and maybe avoid night calls."

" Not avoid, you should not take night calls and anyways apart from those surgeries you would be busy enough with the preparations that you automatically won't go to hospital.", Sunita smiled at both the daughter and her father.

" If she wanted to prioritise the hospital, Sunita, she would have skipped the shopping and preparations altogether. Waise bhi konsa tumne kuch bacchi ki pasand ka le liya! Zara si Khushi nahi hai uske chehre par! Sab uspe thopa jaa raha hai aur hum usko sambhalne ki jagah aur uss boj tale daba rahe hai! Puccho Zara apni beti se, Kya liya Aaj uski pasand se? Naa koi lehenga, Naa koi jewellery! Bacchi bas mannequin jaise khadi thi aur tum sab kharidte gaye! Usse pucha bhi nahi ki beta pasand aaya?" , Mahesh said looking at all the ladies of the house, particularly his wife.
( Anyways when did you buy anything of her choice! There is not even an ounce of happiness on her face! Everything is being laid down upon her and instead of helping her, we are adding more burden. Ask her did she like anything bought today! She just stood like a mannequin and you all bought, never asked her whether she likes it or not!)

" Mehek mana bhi to kar sakti thi? Aur aap itna muje bol rahe to khud kyu tab nahi roka Hume?" , Sunita argued.
( Mehek could have said she doesn't like it. And if you are blaming us why did you not stop us then?)

" Kya tum unhe mana kar paati? Mat chhupao ye baat ki tumhe tumhari beti ki udaasi nahi dikh rahi! Aakhir ke kuch din hai uske humaare saath, usse khush rakho, pasand ka khaana khilao, baatein Karo, dobara tumhari beti aise tumhare Ghar me hakk se nahi aaygi!" Mahesh stormed out of living room leaving a mess of Sunita behind.
( Did you say no to them? Don't hide the fact that you too notice her gloominess! Last few days are left when she will be with us, keep her happy, make her favourite food, talk with her.)

Sunita through her blurry vision looked at Mehek who was looking around and then turned and went upstairs. She didn't console her mother. Was she this hurt?

Mehek was snapped back to present by the stone that hit the tiles. Wait! A stone hit the tiles of her room!

She got off the bed and looked at the window from where the stone had come inside but she was stopped by the ringing of her phone.

While she attended the phone, her voice could be heard outside the room and also by the stone thrower.

As she turned around after keeping the phone down, her heart jumped out of the chest. Stood in front of her was a man, one who looked her fiance. Heck, he was her fiance who had now engulfed her into his arms.

" Mehek?", He murmured into her ears.

" Yes."

" Will you leave me and let me sit?"

Mehek with narrowed eyes left him and had him sit on the bed.

" I wanted to talk.", Jigar said and Mehek waited for his words that made him climb a wall.