Chapter 30

Confessions are always hard. They always have two extreme reactions after the declaration.

Mehek had declared her love for Jigar and he had embraced her in response.

Jigar asked her, " What is love for you?"

Mehek frowned and placed her hands around her knees. She said, " To me love has no definition, it is undefined."

" And? How do you know that you love me?"

She smiled, " I care for you. I get upset when you deprive me of your attention. I am scared for you, at times. I am proud of you. All these emotions together can't be felt for anyone..."

Jigar smiled, " These feelings are present for friends as well. So how are you sure it is love?"

Mehek narrowed her eyes. Firstly, he was not acknowledging her confession with a confession of his own. Secondly, he has to have some theory to prove my concept of love wrong! He was irritating the hell out of her!

He gulped when he saw the tires running in her head. " Mehek? Love is a very natural and at the same time out of the world feeling. It can make you feel sane and insane together. I have had an experience of love.." he stopped gauging her reaction.

Her eyes widened, she had clearly forgotten his past and how he loved the girl who is no more. Her insides burned with the sudden realisation of how he had loved her and how difficult it is for him to acknowledge her in his life, as his life partner, in her position.

Jigar saw tears pool in her eyes, threatening to fall at any moment. He felt guilty for her state. His arms stretched forward and shaked her out of the abyss of her head.

She looked at him clueless as to what caused such a reaction out of him.

He gulped, " Mehek, I didn't take her name for you to get lost in thoughts."

She nodded, " You did not. But I feel guilty of putting you through this!"

" Through what? I don't understand.."

She looked deep into his eyes and said, "You, clearly, loved her and when she unexpectedly died, you never moved on. I...I wanted time for our relationship to develop for this reason. I wanted to make my own place in your life where you can love me as a life partner, as your lover and not just look at me like somebody who has taken the place of your beloved..."

Jigar was astonished as to how her mind had made a whirlwind of things. " I agree, I never saw anybody else as my life partner but that was before I met you. The day our alliance was decided I was happy. Frankly, the only words that came to my mind were, God has finally sent my angel...That day, on Marine drive, when I said, I am willing to take that chance with you, I meant every word of it. It's a matter of great pleasure for me, Mehek, that you love me!"

Mehek had tears welled up and falling on her cheeks. She smiled and cried, a weird combination.

" I am sorry. I questioned you regarding love. I just wanted to dig deeper as to how you feel about me and somehow her topic was touched. Believe me, when I say this, I have locked her memories in some corner of my brain and reserved the rest for you and our life together. I want a life with you, Mehek. Doesn't that speak volumes of my dedication for you?"

She nodded, " But then why won't you say the three words back to me?"

" I will take my time.", Jigar replied but to take the rebuke away from his words he pulled her close and crushed her lips with his.

In between the hot kisses he said, " For now you will have to adjust with the action."

Mehek chuckled and pulled him closer.

Somehow his words put an end to those insecurities of hers and now she was feeling much lighter and fallen in love.

*_*_*_*

A couple days had passed and the couple had left the city of Zermatt and arrived at Interlaken, the city between two lakes.

They had a leisurely day after arriving here yesterday and today with an overnight bag by their side, the couple was standing on the platform waiting for the train to arrive.

Jigar's friend had booked a villa for them at one of the stations on the way to the peak of Jungfraujoch.

They were anyways given check in time of 3 pm so they decided to explore the peak first and later retire for the day at the villa.

In no time had the couple reached the peak and were clicking photographs. They even had a cup of coffee at the top of Europe, literally.

The snow covered mountains and the snow glazed cold winds had Mehek shiver despite being covered from head to toe in winter clothes. Jigar saw her shivering form and pulled her inside.

He insisted on buying another hot cup of coffee and she agreed after two tries.

The coffee soothened her shivering and now she was calmly sitting beside Jigar with her head resting on his shoulder and his arm on her back. She offered the coffee to him and he took a few sips.

A few passerby adored the couple and the dark red vermillion streak on Mehek's hairline did make it clear to a few that they were newly married.

After a few more moments in the heated room, Jigar pulled her out into other parts of the attraction and soon they were sitting in the train back to their villa.