Chapter 26

Sometimes all your efforts are fruitless when it comes to destiny.

Mehek had woken up early this morning, due to a call from a patient, and was already present in the kitchen preparing breakfast for everyone.

The household became lively after a few minutes and at around eight, Priya came in the kitchen and was shocked to see her new daughter-in-law preparing food.

" Mehek?"

Mehek who was religiously stirring the pan turned around and looked at her, " Yes, Mom"

" What are you doing in kitchen?"

" Eh, preparing breakfast..."

" I can see that. Did I not tell you to not take any responsibility of the house before I ask of you?"

Mehek frowned and Priya hit her head, annoyed at her forgetfulness. She grabbed her hands and said, " Beta, I have forgotten to tell you what my mother-in-law told me when I got married. This is not the time you will take responsibilities, it is a time for adjusting yourself in this family and developing a stronger relationship with my son. Once you get started with all this, cooking and household, there is no going back."

Mehek gulped the lump in her throat. When she saw how Daadi had forced the couple to get married earlier, she was somewhere worried about her mother-in-law, thinking if she would be similar to daadi. But her thoughts were proved otherwise.

Priya dragged and had her sit on the dining table. She occupied her place and the staff arranged the table.

Soon, the men joined and all four of them had breakfast together.

Aditya looked at his son and asked, " When are you guys planning to go on honeymoon?"

Mehek coughed and Jigar looked at his father stunned.

" We have not thought of any dates as of now."

" Well we would suggest to go sooner. As when Mehek takes on her new job it would be difficult for her to take leaves."

Jigar nodded while Mehek pondered on that thought.

After breakfast she had gone back to her room. Jigar who was already sitting there reading a book looked at her. She simply say down beside him and said, "I think we should go on honeymoon now. Later will be very difficult."

Jigar looked at her stunned, " You are not saying this under any pressure?"

" No. I resonated with both mom and dad's words. They know better."

Jigar nodded and asked, " Any particular place in mind?"

She shaked her head in negation while he sheepishly said, " How about Switzerland?"

She looked at him shocked at the suggestion.

" Budget is not at all a matter. Plus the weather is perfect for Switzerland."

Mehek nodded and he said, " I will contact a friend of mine who works in tourism. You have any particular dates in mind?"

" No. Just that I cant afford a bigger break in my career.", She said.

" I will book as soon as possible." Jigar promised and got on the phone with his friend working in tourism.

Mehek got up and looked at her bags. They had to be arranged. She saw Jigar busy with phone and knew this task should not be delayed anymore and got busy unpacking.

She also searched for a few clothes for her honeymoon but found very few western outfits as those are not really worn in day to day life.

She made a mental list to buy more of western outfits.

Meanwhile, Jigar got off the phone and declared, " We have our Visa appointment in two days and once the visa arrives, bookings and we will be in Switzerland by next week."

Mehek smiled.

Jigar hoped she became more comfortable with him during this trip.

*_*_*_*

Days had passed with Mehek shopping and packing for the trip while Jigar handled the visa and booking purposes.

Currently the couple was sitting in the airport lounge waiting for their flight.

Mehek was talking on the phone while Jigar played games on his phone to pass the time.

Their flight getting loaded with baggage and the crowd waiting for any announcement.

Mehek finished her call and she looked at Jigar who quit his game and looked back at her.

" What are you thinking?", He asked.

" You know a month before I was sitting in my room waiting for the rains to stop because I had nobody to enjoy them with."

" You did enjoy rain with the drenched me!", He remarked.

" Not romantically! Bickering, yes!"

He laughed and she hit him playfully.

" I hope we get to enjoy a bit of rain over there to relieve you of those complaints.", He teased.

Mehek chuckled," I hope so."

He smiled and patted her hands in assurance.

The flight announcements began and the couple joined the queue to sit on their seats in the aircraft. Mehek had bid for window seat and Jigar had aisle seat.

When the plane picked up the speed for take off, Jigar's hand squeezed hers and she came to know he had fear of take offs.

She chuckled but held his hands tighter between hers.

He glared at him yet squeezed her hands with his. Thanking and glaring at her.

Mehek hoped they do not encounter any turbelence otherwise her hand would be squeezed to death.