I: Prologue

"♫How does it feel to be alive again♪"

(Read the story description before reading this)

The pale-skinned girl hums along with the song as she writes all of her answers on one sheet of paper.

The shouts of her father and mother were muffled as she covered her ears using her trusty headphones.

"I don't understand the concept of humans accepting a demon, we live in a society with people using each other for sex and money, so why did the demon king accept the deal with an angel?"

The pale girl stopped writing for a second, she dropped her pen and removed her headphones.

"DAMN WOMAN! IF I DIDN'T HAVE A BABY WITH YOU THEN I WOULD'VE BECOME A RICH MAN!"

"TO HELL WITH YOU! I NEVER WANTED TO GIVE BIRTH TO THAT DISAPPOINTMENT!"

The pale girl looked at her paper.

"Humans are more capable of being evil than a demon, so why do they compare demons and humans when they are all the same?"

...

"Written by..."

The pale girl looked at the clock.

It strikes at 6 AM.

"Yeh Shuhua."

(Irene adopt Shuhua already--)______________

______________

Biking through the crowd of rude and drunk people, Shuhua hid her cuts and bruises with baggy clothes, she ties her hair in a low ponytail and wears contact lenses to see clearer.

Stopping and locking her bicycle at the side of the gate, she grabbed her bag and papers and ran inside the academy.

She aces everything in class, she's the smartest kid, but also the lonely one...

Well... Not lonely.

"Pst! Shuhua over here!"

Shuhua smiles as she linked hands with Karina and Lia.

"Did you finish the essay?"

"Yeah I did, what about you guys?"

Karina nods as Lia winked at her.

"Of course we did."

They walked through the loud hallways.

Cheerleaders, Bands, Preppies, Goths, Jocks, Nerds, Greasers.

The typical cliche students some academy has.

Shuhua opened her locker and placed the stuff she won't be using for later.

"By the way Shu, your older sister went here and asked for more money, she said the rent money didn't come."

"What..."

Shuhua furrowed her eyebrows as she slammed her head on the locker, Lia getting worried placed her palm on the locker before it hurts Shuhua.

Karina placed her hand on Shuhua's back.

"I know you've been working hard girl, let us help you... At least we can pay the rent money and maybe give you a new house to live in."

Karina offered but Shuhua refused.

"Karina, I'm not using you as my bank ok? You are my best friend. And I must do this on my own, I'm not just a girl who easily gives up!"

Shuhua huffs as she slammed her locker close before turning to look at her friends.

"If you say so, but always remember that our door is open for you."

Lia smiles sweetly as Shuhua hugged them.

"Thanks you two."

"You are always welcome shu."

They walked away from their lockers.

"I saw some papers in the mailbox, they are finding a doctor who is good for an asylum."

Karina informed them.

"Maybe I should get that job."

Shuhua mumbled as Lia looked at her as if she grew three heads.

"Are you crazy?! These crazy ass bitches might kill you!"

"But still! I need the money ok?"

Karina nods understanding Shuhua.

"Well then, after this maybe we could go to a cafe and eat some cakes?"

Lia offered to make Shuhua smile.

"I would love that!"

"When will you get the job?"

"Maybe tomorrow, class ends at 2 PM, so clearly I'll have more time and go to an interview at 3, if I get the job then I'll leave my club and use 1 PM to work in the asylum!"
______________

"One ice of red velvet cake with a vanilla frappuccino, one slice of lemon cake, and a caramel macchiato, macarons, and strawberry banana smoothie."

The tall girl repeated the order as Karina used her money to pay making Shuhua whine and making her give an apologetic smile.

The tall girl looked at Shuhua.

"No way... A reincarnation?"

She mumbled before giving their orders.

The girls all sat down.

"After this, I'm going home, Prof. Derick gave us a lot of homework..."

Shuhua mumbled.

"Wish you good luck shu!"

Lia smiled as Karina waved her fork.

"An asylum... How could it go wrong?"

Next Chapter 🌼...