1

Eli

I finished setting up our dinner and just waiting for my husband to come home. I have some important news to tell him but I'm too nervous, I don't know if he's going to be happy or mad.

We never had time to discuss having kids but I think we are ready, I mean, this baby isn't planned, but I also don't have the heart to abort it. I mean, we have the means to raise it, we are comfortable and we have been married for two years already.

I married Knox on our fifth anniversary and when I was just a fresh graduate. We met on a cafe, it felt like it was out of a wattpad story but I spilled milk of his expensive shoes and that is where we got to know each other. Then we started dating when I was 18 and he was 22. Now I'm 26 and he is thirty. At first I turned him down because I learned that he was already an established businessman while I'm still in college with student debts but he was persistent and eventually, I fell.

I was out of reminiscing land when I heard our front door open, it must be my husband. 

He entered and glared at me when he saw me. Why is he mad?

"You! Why did you do that?" he stormed over to me and held both of my shoulders hard, to the point that it's hurting.

"My love, what's wrong?" I asked, confused.

I flinched as he gripped my shoulders tighter.

"Don't act so innocent Eli. I clearly saw your face in the fucking CCTV, giving one of the confidential information to the other company! Why did you do that?" Oh now I remember, I did give a brown document to Mr. Miller, the new PA of Knox.

"I remember giving it to Mr. Miller, he said that you needed it so bad earlier and he introduced himself as your new PA!" I defended myself.

"Do you think I'm going to buy your bullshit? Even Miller said you were an accomplice! God Eli! Out of all the people, why did you betray me? Did they offer you money? How much?" he was screaming at my face while I struggled to find words. Tears were blurring my vision but his angry face is still visible.

"I...I..I swear he said he was your assistant love. Please believe me." I sobbed but he ignored it and noticed the set up dinner table.

Then he laughed, not the normal laugh that I loved to hear, but it was a cold emotionless laugh.

"Wow, you sure are prepared to appease me, you even set up a nice dinner." he mocked.

"You are just angry now, why don't you go rest and we will talk about all of this tomorrow." I tried to hold him but he avoided my  touch like it was a horrible thing to touch.

"No, there will be no tomorrow. You will be packing your shit tonight, sign the divorce papers and leave. I don't want to live with a snake. Gosh, why did I see your backstabbing behavior just now? What did I even see in you?" Divorce?

"Babe, please you're just angry right now" I cried.

"Angry? NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE WHAT I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW ELI! THE ONE I TRUSTED THE MOST BETRAYED ME! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? FOR MONEY? I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE MONEY HUNGRY! YOU COULD HAVE JUST TOLD ME YOU NEEDED MONEY!"  That shut me up. Knowing Knox, he trusts evidences more than mere words and I know I can't change his mind now.

But his words hurt. I knew I wasn't rich. I also don't have a job since he forbid me to work. I'm ashamed to say this but I'm completely dependent on him. 

"Why aren't you speaking now? Did the truth shut you up? How much do you need huh?" I wanted to walk away, to avoid those stabbing words but my feet was glued to the floor.

I completely zoned out when he grabbed a handful of cash, threw it on my face and then left. I just stood there and stared at the money. My tears also dried out, what will I do now? My husband is pretty closed off and not listening to any words I say. He's really throwing me out? I touched my non existent bump. 

"I guess it's just you and mommy now huh?"

Even though it hurts my ego and my pride, and I feel like I'm just proving my husband's accusation right, I bent down and picked the money. I needed this to survive, to go away as far as I can from here, and to start a new life.

I didn't bother packing cause all of my stuff is my husbands, I mean ex husband. I saw the divorce papers on the table and signed it. I really hope that he finds out the truth, then come to me, and tell me that he's sorry for all the painful words that he spewed out.

The cash was a total of five thousand, it was enough for me. I took three buses until I came to this small peaceful town and resided there. I rented a one bedroom apartment because it was the cheapest and I needed to make my money last.

I met this really nice old couple, which were also my landlords. They were really nice to me and offered the apartment for a cheap price.

Knox

"Sir!" my secretary for 10 years, Elaine called out to me.

"Yes Elaine?"

"Did you know that the rivaling company our newest tech invention and launched it this day? The prototype is exactly the same!" I was shocked to say the least. We have been working on that project for months and all our months of making will just go down the drain?

"What? Only I have the copy! How could this happen?" I thought of where I placed the important files. For two months someone have been stealing from the company. They stole money but I can't believe they would stoop this low, I was so close on finding the mole and this happens.

I have to fix this first.

"I think I left the documents at home this morning, was it possible that we have been robbed?" I immediately thought of my wife getting hurt. shit!

"Elaine call the bodyguards if anything happened at home." I urgently demanded. If anything happens to my wife I will make them pay.

A minute later someone sent me a footage from the house, but the sender was anonymous. I clicked it and it was from the front gate camera. First few seconds were blank but then a car rolled up. My wife went to check on it and they had a short conversation but it was enough for me to see who was driving the car. It was Rob Miller, the secretary of Hans Benson, the owner of the company who stole our invention. My blood ran cold as I saw my wife go back to the house and come out with the envelope. Was she an accomplice?

Thoughts were running through my mind as i watched the car speed off and my wife smiling to herself and going back to the house. Was this footage even real? My wife would never do such things. I checked the details of the video and it was just yesterday. I immediately called for a private investigation.

I have to put faith on my love. she is the last person to betray me. My mind went to her innocent smile, her gentle nature, was it all an act to deceive me?

As the end of the day was nearing, the investigators reported to me and confirming that the accusations were indeed true, even Miller confessed that Eli was part of their plan. I was heartbroken, how could she? After all I have given her...

Blinded by rage, I went home and confronted her about it. It hurt so much seeing those eyes shed tears but I reminded myself that she betrayed me. 

I left her on the living room and went to our bedroom. I saw our picture and I just felt so angry that I trashed all of the things that reminded me of her until I passed out.

:)))))

hihi

August 27,2022